ALL IS WELL

. . . It was also announced that the red ink the federal government will run up next year, is estimated to be $455 billion. It was "estimated" to be half that, a few months ago. Of course, the off budget items, and black budget stuff, is not mentioned. It would be much worse, except they have been stealing the Social Security funds for years, to help out with the deficits, and the Boomers are now applying, so there won't be a surplus much longer. The deficit does not include Iraq, Afghanistan, and homeland defense either, so will it be $600 billion in the hole? $750 billion? Since DC rarely tells the truth, no one knows. The total federal government debt, is about $44 trillion, give or take a few bucks, counting the unfunded promises for future payments. This also does not include the hideous debts and bureaucracy which will come about, when the local corner drug store, or super market's prescription department, must finagle payments from Uncle Sam. "All is Well?" . . .

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and good Stool to all!

It's a new week, and a great time to start your week off right! If you are not downloading your Anals daily because you haven't subscribed, take a subscribatory and download your Anals RIGHT NOW, and every day. You'll get Doc's latest unbiasedHurst cycle projections for both the short and long term, plus a pre-market, PM, and closing Anals update each day. Other daily features are your Golden Stool, which no self-respecting stoolie should leave behind. And of course the Feed from Uncle AL Greasepan. Hew do you expect to know what will come out unless you know what's going in! Then in the late PM, after the Treasury market close, get the latest on the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck.

Once a week Doc will fill you in on the all important MoGauge, straight from the MoGauge Bankers Ass. and the all important Fed Turdsday releases, where Doc gives you his briefs on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures. Not quite Hypertiger stuff, but always pithy ad insightful. The MoGauge reflects the source of most of the liquidity in the financial bubble world we live in and may be an even more important indicator of future market behavior than even the Feed itself. The MoGauge has in recent years had a near flawless record of forecasting broad market movements weeks in advance.

Finally, every other day, look for trading opportunities, and clues to the market's direction in Suctors and Stoolwethers.

I also want to remind you about the bookstore specials. Doc's bookstore carries almost all of the trading and investing books mentioned here from time to time, usually at the best prices on the web. When you have free time, please browse the bookstore and be sure to check out Dr. Stool's prescriptions.

You can also show your support for the Stool by using the Pooper Scooper or Donate buttons. It's always good to leave a little behind for the Stool.

Last but not least, if you are interested in fine tuning your timing, and who isn't, Stooltrading is the place for you. Doc gives constant commentary and illustrations of intraday cycles with projections for highs lows and cycle time turns for the SPX and QQQ that are frequently right on the money. He also gives cmap targets for individual stocks by request. Plus, we do have a little fun in there, and several of your fellow stoolies share their charts and trading ideas as well. Always good to have "checks and balances." The more checks the more the balances. So take a subscribatory to Stooltrading RIGHT NOW, and increase your checks and balances! Click Here

See you in Stooltrading.

Good Morning, Riverboaters.

Short squeeze of the day: BOBJ

Too many gaming the head and shoulders top, one house upgrades the stock, and a squeeze ensues. Still too many shorts out there in the market.

Asian Exotica just turned from red to green.

Next hot penny stock: DSLN

Stock showing some weakness on the open: APOL

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded, and it should make goldbugs happy. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! Click Here

over the weekend, there was some discussion about what to do with 401k's that have limited investment vehicle diversity. Aren't I-Bonds also going to be painful (perhaps not as painful as the regular long term govt bonds) in the current environment of "low" inflation and bond bubble being unwound?

Last-ditch attempt to avert mining strike

July 21, 2003

By Mokgadi Pela

Johannesburg - The decision by the National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) to strike had galvanised mining houses into holding last-minute talks with the union at the weekend in an effort to avert industrial action, Frans Barker, the Chamber of Mines' spokesperson for gold, said yesterday.

The strike by more than 160 000 workers will begin on July 27. The decision follows the failure of mediation to bridge the differences between the NUM and the chamber over wages and other conditions of service.

"I can foresee further meetings in the week to try to find an amicable solution acceptable to both parties," Barker said.

"We don't want to damage the viability of the mines via the strike and quite clearly, we want total agreement so we can put the issue behind us."

Companies to be affected are Gold Fields, Harmony, Ingwe, Eyesizwe, Anglo Coal and Kuyasa. . . - Story.

Mining problems in SA have probably been caused by JP and da boyz through rand price manipulation. If there is a strike and the gold price rises above 400 then da boyz will have an excuse for the "temporary" rise in the POG come Sept/Oct. If this plays out then after the miners settle the POG will correct to sub 400, maybe back to 360 or so. It should bottom in Dec/Jan and then it might make a huge move to $500 in early 04. Look for action in the SA miners if these things work out.

Mohel Lynch covers their anals:

9:19 AM Merrill says 'low quality' investments overpriced by Rex Nutting

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- Low-quality stocks and bonds are overvalued today while high-quality assets are undervalued, Merrill Lynch chief strategist Richard Bernstein said Monday in a note to clients. "Our indicators continue to suggest that second-half 2003 profits might be considerably weaker than is currently generally expected," Bernstein wrote. Valuations of low-quality assets suggest "investors are not anticipating an economic recovery, but rather are anticipating an all-out economic boom." Price-to-earnings ratios of 'A' rated stocks are around 15, while P/E ratios of 'C' and 'D' rated assets are over 40.

Guest Icky Twerp

Current I-Bond interest 4.66%.

I don't see that going down in the near future.

I think the rules for cashing in have been changed the last year, making them more liquid, too.

I have inquired herein, and the consensus from Stoolie respondents was that at some point the US WILL DEFAULT on its Treasury Debt.

Talk about picking nickles up in front of Steam Rollers...

I'm willing to play that game of chicken with some portion of my $, tho'. I just wish I could get more of my wife's IRA into I-Bonds. 7 - 11 months?... I don't know about that. Soon?...sometime after that? I gloomily accede.

Archived