B4 The Bell, Frieday, Jan 30

When you sign a NASD/NYSE customer agreement, don't you essentially sign away your right to sue? You agree all disputes settled by binding arbitration?

Haven't read it, but imagine that it's only the quote-provider agreement that would do so- damages caused by a system outage are another story. Will look into it.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A very Baaaaad day in Iraq-but no one notices anymore-the violence escalates-the strategies employed by the bad guys become evermore sophisticated.  It is obvious that some very well trained terrorists are involved in the ongoing carnage. The festering sore is getting bigger and uglier.  The current troop rotation replaces the first line military with weekend warriors and the beat goes on.  Over in Afghan land there is semi peace in Kabul but no where else.  The point being how many lives and how many $'s and how many years will the public put up with this??

Great comments everyone, and as usual Doc always puts things well.

The budget $ to be spent in ME for fiscal year starting October 2004 are still being underestimated. GWB still continues to dance around the costs of the war:

Bush's fiscal blueprint will propose letting annual spending controlled by Congress grow by 3.9%, from $787 billion to $818 billion next year, the officials said. Those figures exclude both the extra $87 billion approved last year for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and a new request for those operations the administration says it expects to make early next year.

But wants to share the blame to Congress (a Republican Congress no less) if there are problems:

"You spend, I propose," he said, acknowledging the division of power between the executive and legislative branches. "Together we're responsible. And this is going to be a challenging year for making sure we spend the people's money wisely."

I see it is another bad day in Iraq. I am just glad my sons have at least 3 to 4 years before draft age, maybe some sense will come to the US before then.

There is a growing debate about the reckless government deficit spending, see this NY Times story.

Bush to Back Off Some Initiatives for Budget Plan

Check out homelandsecurityus.com. AlQaeda just took credit for the bombings of Kurdish Headquarters. (The "sacrifice" at tne end of the Hadj. ) They claim to have a timeline for a series of attacks that will begin in Saudi Arabia and Iraq and end in the US. If true, it would appear that the sequence has been activated. Alert for US runs for next 72 hours.

There is a growing debate about the reckless government deficit spending, see this NY Times story.

Bush to Back Off Some Initiatives for Budget Plan

Bush is polishing-up his Teflon coating.

His answer to out of control spending now goes like this:

"I Propose...Congress Spends...It's up to Congress to spend the people's money wisely."

Palusible Denial is a high art form in the Whitehouse.

My WebpageMore Dead Top

Microbiologist Scientists

From Patricia Doyle, PhD

[email protected]

1-29-4

Dr. Mike Patrick Kiley, Ebola, Mad Cow Expert, top of the line world class, dies of massive heart attack.

Dr. Robert Shope, Virus Expert Who Warned Of Epidemics dies in the same week.

Coincidently, both Dr. Shope and Dr. Kiley were working on the lab upgrade to BSL 4 at the UTMB Galvaston lab for Homeland Security. The lab would have to be secure to house some of the deadliest pathogens of tropical and emerging infectious disease as well as bioweaponized ones.

I have also noted a commonality of most of the now, 44 scientists who met their demise since 9/11/01 and that is all were expert in emerging infectious diseases especially Ebola, Mad Cow, HIV.

Dr. Shope had accumulated his own collection of virus samples gathered from all over the world.

The Towering Inferno-Record budget deficit>check>record government spending>check>Government revenue dropping>check>more jobs being lost than created>check>record bankruptcies>check>record personal debt>check>record corporate debt>check>record trade deficit>check>mired in two wars>check>rising oil and NG prices>check>apathetic public>check>bullish stock market>check!

Fokker, Sphinxter, Plunger, Stool & Ass. LLC

Doc.

You got me with that one.

LET'S SUE THE BASTARDS!!!

If you don't demand answers and put pressure on the bastards, they will just keep doing it. We need to know WHO is behind it starting with the Globex outrage of a few months ago. Free markets my ass.

Looking to pick up a few long positions Monday. These are for scalps only. Earnings in the Am with High short interest are ICUI, IMR,KZL, LIOX, RDWR, GIB, PDG, PXD,TWTC, TSEM.

Of these I am seriously considering going long on PDG, TWTC, TSEM

Although LIOX looks interesting due to its very high short interest. I just don't like a company investing so heavy in India.

Any comments appreciated.

"KANGAS: Sir John also had some interesting things to tell me about stocks, gold and the dollar. You can see my entire interview with him on Monday night, February 2, right here on NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT. "

Templeton Alert

MH - I opened a thread on the tax code because the way it is currently structured, everybody gets screwed. I take an either /or position. Either get rid of that filthy payroll tax, or give me what I am paying for - medical care and a guaranteed pension. Right now we have the worst of both. 50% taxes and no benefit from them. Just as the boomers retire, the well will run dry.

A great point. Why should defense contractors get all the tax money? Diebold? All the other corps with friends in power that are now suckling the teat of the republic?

Archived