Ransacked

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pile,

The book and the man were both fascinating, he started trading at 16 afetr running away from home with 5 dollars in his pocket. He made and lost millions multiple times frequently cornering specific commodities or stocks and forcing the groups on the other side of a trade to cover. He used 10 %margin then,and in the crash of 1907 was literally begged to cover his short positions to help avert an economic disaster as all brokers were being forced to cover margin positions and there was an apparent credit crunch with no money available to buy stocks, also talks about the media blaming the markets 07 and 29 crashes on "unamerican" short sellers forming pools to target specific stocks ...jesse's response was to condenm the brokers for distributing overvalued stocks to the public...he based most of his decisions on reading the tape...taugth this stoolie to recognize a couple of my major trading faults...well worth the read!

That little Bozo-Bezo's (who like he's Froohlicks love child) craps again-the Headlines as normal"read-Amazon beats estimates-2nd profitable 1/4 blah, blah"if you looked behind the curtain they made a penny a share and revenue dropped -the idiots who invest in this pile of dung deserve to get crushed and they will-this sucker is what-300 times earnings-if you believe the penny. I said last nite-it could rally but i didn't think so. Well I don't call 50 points and 8 on SPX a rally. Let's see if there is some follow thru-Nazcrack I think blew it's load today and if it tanks tomorrow the Dow will follow. At best I think we have an A,B,C here today being A which may carry over to the A.M. then B down to test the bottom which may or may not hold then C up to roughly where End and Summoner see it. I'm not as optimistic we will see 900. By the way Mark VIX was down not up-ditto the QQV everyone is buying calls again and there is NO FEAR plus GOLD continues to see what we are NOT seeing so be careful. I covered my SPX puts early for as Summoner said-Major Ducats and reloaded at the end-when I reloaded a funny thing happened I paid $52.30 a contract (full handle) then we closed and by 4:15 they were bid $55.60-$57.60 which is great but also tells me Da Boyz expect trouble in the A.M.-Be Careful-Trade Safe!

As much as I disdain BEZOS, I must admit I do take advantage of their cheap prices. Purchased most of my market books from them. Bought Neely' s book this evening for 30 dollars less than advertised.Remember when amzn was ~ 330$ share and spilt 3 for 1 ,within two days the shares hit 199 plus change, and I was short and down big with explicit instructions to my broker to cover at 200...thank god I didnt place the order... covered a few months later in the 50s ...and the rest is history..first major lesson learned...never underestimate the foolishness of the herd

This thing barely made it up.

What a heap of sh#t.

Dow pivoted beautifully right on the 21-day low. Still showing virtually all red.

Nazdunk still more room down. Bunch of reds.

Maybe another day of this nonsense and southbound she goes.

Monday will be the shocker when the u.n. report is due.

Not much momentum to the upside. I can?t see a damn thing which would justify buying longs. The earnings are worse and so are the lies. Big boys are looking for an exit before she really falls.

CYA

I posted about an hour ago that I thought NazQuack blew it's load today-well it appears it did-currently trading 91/2 points below fair value (Slinger and meta you hit it too) stick a fork in it-it's DONE! Spx is 4 and change below fair value-today could be a one day wonder. Lucy-PALLADIUM-you can buy Palladium contracts on the futures markets or the physical metal thru a certificate where the CME stores it for you. Da Boyz bought a lot of LEAP Puts today-think they knew something-yup they did-p/c ratio is a miniscule .68-looks like a reversal coming to me. Trade Safe!

Had to leave the office for meetings, and got bear huggged on CDWC. Red when I left, and being totally stupid, I'm thinking don't stop it, you like this LT, it'll be around when you get back.." Well it was at 47+...Squeeze du jour. I scalped a dong early, so some mitigation. Anyways I still think it's toast LT.

Summoner,

Is the book you are talking about "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevre?

It is available on this site.

Regards to all.

Certainly don't look like rally material here. The All Ords only down a couple of points but the action is bearish with some quite large drops on individual stocks.

Slinger your NAZ chart looks bearish to me, 'kiss of death' stuff. I'd say the punters are beginning to get the picture on techs and not before time imo.

Ed on Signalwatch rabidly bullish technically for DOW. I can see his point but reckon the only reason there was the weak rise last night was because a bounce was expected and Ed's a latent bull anyway.

McDonald's result might have an influence:

"McDonald's posted a fourth-quarter net loss of $343.8 million, or 27 cents a share, more than four times greater than it had forecast just five weeks ago."

Lucy:

Only way I know is to buy futures contracts. I really wouldn?t go that route. To the best of my recollection, very thinly traded and used exclusively in manufacturing I think they use it making catalytic converters for cars and I believe the soviet union is the major supplier. These contracts are exclusively traded by the big boys. This is just too risky for us small folks. Kind of trades like platinum. Very risky unless you really know what you are doing.

Bloodhound:

That nose of yours is amazing. You smell it a mile away.

I agree, nazduck could be a cooked goose quacking on the seams along with the dow. This war business will shock the market, gold and oil.

CYA

Archived