IDS World Markets Mon 15th September 08

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

Unfortunately, due to the barrage of spammers using Gmail and certain European email providers, including yahoo.co.uk, we cannot process any registrations associated with a gmail address. In that case please use the email address from your isp, or some other provider.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $39 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

HBOS slides as Lehman stirs funding concerns

10:18GMT 15Sept2008-HBOS (LSE: HBOS.L - news) slides as Lehman stirs funding concerns

----------------------------------------------------------------

Shares in British bank HBOS slump nearly 22 percent to 220.5 pence, leading the FTSE 100 losers' list, as the collapse of Lehman Brothers (NYSE: LEH - news) fuels concerns over the bank's funding costs.

HBOS depends more than any other major UK lenders on borrowing in the wholesale markets for its funding, and could face higher financing costs as a result of Lehman Brothers' demise, anal cysts say.

'HBOS has more sensitivity to issues around the functioning of the interbank market,' says Fox-Pitt, Kelton anal cyst Leigh Goodwin.

'If the interbank market gets more dysfunctional, the likelihood of the mortgage-backed security market ever getting going again is put back.'

The panic buying of Treasuries is completely insane. When this blowoff ends, it is going to be horrible.

688502[/snapback]

been looking to dump my FBNDX (fidelity investment grade bond fund). been holding a few bits of this in my 401(k). should have sold months ago, when it was in the low 7s. . . now it's 6.93/share. i'm anticipating a fright to perceived quarity in the next few days, which should give me an opportunity to sell the stuff a few cents higher.

any thoughts on timing my exit, doc?

tanks in advance. i'm going to sleep. hope to see plenty of red when i wake up.

been looking to dump my FBNDX (fidelity investment grade bond fund). been holding a few bits of this in my 401(k). should have sold months ago, when it was in the low 7s. . . now it's 6.93/share. i'm anticipating a perceived fright to quarity in the next few days, which should give me an opportunity to sell the stuff a few cents higher.

any thoughts on timing my exit, doc?

tanks in advance. i'm going to sleep. hope to see plenty of red when i wake up.

688508[/snapback]

I have no feel for hygrade corporates, but I like Hygrade Ballpark Franks.

Trader Joe is probably the guy to ask about corporates.

I also don't know when the Treasury market is going to reverse. WHen it does there's the issue of whether corporate spreads will narrow or widen.

Archived