Matrix Blows Up

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (drstool @ Nov 18 2003, 02:08 PM)

Can't wait to hear the blame game.

AP-Stock fell again on Tuesday due to continued concerns over a certain Dr. Stool's use of "cmaps". "We don't know exactly what these cmaps are" stated Donald Rumsfeld, "but when we hear rumblings that they are continuously lowered this cannot be anything good. We highly reccomend having a supply of fuel, food and gold in case of further cmappage fallout."

I just had my best day in over one year. Shorted the indices today close to the highs and added to my silver position yesterday on that ridiculous spike down. I agree there is something in the wind and cracks are forming in the dike. The flight to the bond this last week in the face of an imploding dollar was the warning shot across the bow. If we can get some more serious down tomorrow delta hedging will become necessary and maybe, just for once scam week, will belong to the bears. The talent on this site is unprecedented. Kudos to Doc for making it all possible and helping more people like myself then will ever be known.

Why would anyone want to escape into Bond when the dollars is on fire? It?s just plain stupid.

post-7-1069194688.gif

scottcardif.................bounce

I think you are right about possible bounce

If it sets up right I'll probably try to catch it.

I was long Snp today and made a nice trade.

The event risks hanging over everything, makes

gut feel and intuition.....almost more important

than tech. signals...........................................

Fed is Propping Up T-Bones:

According to Jim Sinclair:

The British just offloaded an astounding $12 billion in U.S. Treasuries.

The statistics also disclose massive Japanese buying to stem the market from demanding a rise of the YEN/USD and YEN/EUR. Even with this input, the Treasury is short 3 billion dollars month-over-month plus amounts auctioned in September.

Since the auctions in September are entirely missing, where have 30 to 50 billion in treasuries notes and bills been placed? Perhaps domestic institutional banks and the Federal Reserve have been facilitating the purchase of debt which has no place to go! It?s also highly possible that mutual fund manager have placed clients? money into bonds which will erode in value the second interest rates start to rise.

The logical conclusion supports a rise in interest rates to attract foreign holders of Treasuries. And when this happens, the US stock market and outstanding inventory of bonds will plummet. The USD will adjust downward as US assets become less attractive because they?ve been leveraged and mired in debt to the limit which seems to have happened.

The most amazing number here is the amount of US Treasuries that Japan has purchased in the context of where the Yen is trading today. It reflects the immense nature of the pressures that are being placed on the various currencies in this scenario of a lower dollar.

This type of pressure is so great as to sink the Exchange Stabilization Fund (ESF) activities. Will the ESF now be able to hold up the stock market, control the currency market, fiddle with gold, and hold the CRB from making new highs? No, it hasn?t the chance of a snowball in hell!

The dyke is simply leaking too much and the capital of the ESF is limited below the level of that required to jiggle every market on earth at the same time.

The other important message in these figures is the ?follow the leader syndrome? that always exists among central banks. These figures will be viewed historically as the nail in the coffin of the US dollar. The dollar is heading much lower now and we are seeing the beginning of the end of the ?Dollar reserve Standard.?

Another observation I have is that the shortfall in these numbers may well indicate that the auctions were not as successful as advertised and the Fed and some of its friends had to eat billions worth of the auctioned bonds. That would be a blockbuster if true.

Some gold experts will say that gold is now destined for $400 plus. I disagree - gold is now heading for $500.

It is possible that Bubble II is over. If Oil Shock III hits, we can then begin discussing Depression II. Snarling bearish ...

WWI was called The Great War until a second and more devastating war came to pass. The Great Depression may soon have its appropriate numeral affixed. :cry: :cry:

As long as it doesn't turn into a Friday the 13th franchise sort of thing.

I can see it now. . .

Great Depression II: The return of Smoot Hawley (in 3D!)

There she goes, Mousey....

Into the Depression Chamber.....

Its a long way to the bottom....

SNDK was round tripped in exactly the same way today, and is falling off a cliff AH.

All the dip buyers who jumped on the obvious short squeezes this morning (mistaking them for actual bullish moves) are getting their asses handed to them overnight.

The dip buying will end precisely as a result of days like these.

If MoMo hopes to hold onto that Caddy, he'd better become a gold bull.

Plunger

Rog .. thanks for your PAAS comment on IDS. Would / Can you give some indication of what you forsee in how this plays out in the miners correction. There has been much talk about a miners sell off for cash generating purposes as the Broads are being dumped.

Congrats on your sale today, but don't you see this metals run continuing in the very short term ?, or are you expecting that major Broads dumping (and metals too) sooner than the shortframe timetable of this continued PM move ?

Not trying to focus on your trade, just trying to understand philosophically what your expectations are. I subscribe heavily to Andrew Carnegies tombstone addage (paraphrased); ...success ... surround yourself with those (and their counsel) who are smarter than you are...

Thank you; if you prefer not to respond I understand and say thanks again...:)

First buck bagholder heads for the hills....

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/031118/1639001518_1.html

Citibank Closes All Long Dollar Positions as Unit Plunges

Tuesday November 18, 4:39 pm ET

NEW YORK -- Citibank (NYSE:C - News), one of the largest traders in global foreign exchange markets and biggest dollar bulls, closed all its existing long dollar positions Tuesday.

Ruben Sandwich is no slouch.

Ag

Archived