Lingerie Ads Denied?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fokker's got a rant about to bubble over, so those of weak constitution should go eat a creampuff and skip the following:

--snip rant--

GF: Here. Here.

Like most things, Political Correctness started out with good intentions ... but has completely run amok. Now, it's used to control people's speech and actions (via shaming tactics).

And, those who are proponents of PC like to pat themselves on the back for being so "progressive," "open-minded," "sensitive," blah blah blah. In other words, it's not about reality. It's about feeling good about yourself.

Where have we heard that before? "It isn't important that everyone agree that 2 + 2 = 4 ... only that every student feels good about what they think the sum is."

Feelings have replaced facts. ;)

Midnite,

I too cannot believe how many DIFFERENT indicators peaked and gave outright sell signals just recently. Such confluence is rare but when it happens you have to be opportunistic. Lets count em, shall we:

Trendline breaks (like TE mentioned) - SELL

Elliott Waves - SELL

Hurst (10-13 week) cycle peak - SELL

Bradley model - SELL

Fib dates - SELL

Bullish Pct - SELL

Stochastic - SELL

Sentiment (COT, Odd Lot, p/c ratio, VIX, AAII, Inv Intelligence) - SELL, SELL, SELL, SELL !!!!!!!

Aroon - very close to SELL

ADX/DMI - very close to SELL

MACD's - SELL

McClellan Osc/Summation - SELL

VectorVest BSR/MTI - Major SELL!!!

Rejection @ major resistance areas - SELL

If we get one more significant pop up from here:

A. I'll be rather surprised (but I'm prepared for it)

B. It won't last long and will be a gift to short even more.

I remain fully locked and loaded in BEARX for now and will remain so until VectorVest BSR/MTI goes to the other extreme like it did at July/Oct 02 lows. Every blip between now and then is NONSENSE and will be ignored by me, starting with tonight's pathetic pump attempt on the fuctures.

Let us all not forget the next significant Bradley/Fib turn date March 13th, 2003. Most likely time for the next extreme point (bottom) to be reached.

I marked em on the Stooleville Calendar (see Jan & March 2003).

Question for any takers: I'm sittin' here trying to figure out whether it's worth the risk to pick up UAL tomorrow after the bloodbath. It worked after WCOM (my trial by fire) on the rec of a guy I trusted on past tips, and it worked on THC. If anyone here has any "rules of thumb" for picking the bones of a dead stock, please feel free to chime right in.

Mark- don't you find it scary that calling someone "multicultural" can evoke a response like this? Just using the word "multicultural" shows someone who is making a conscious effort not to offend. And even THAT isn't quite good enough. I guess every flavor should now be vanilla. And another point- I really take offense at calling some of these fine american equities "pigs" and "turds". Their CEO's, CFO's and hard working bankers and employees have feelings too- try to be more understanding. Perhaps sensitivity training is in order. Not.

Aside: My real problem is examining a nice 350 lb woman, sending her to the front desk to check out, running into my office to check Intraday Stool, and having my speakers blast out: " SUUUEEEEE SUUUUUEEEEEEEEE HERE PIG PIG PIG" Damn!!!

Keep up the good work, Mark and thanks everyone for the great education on this board.

Guest BigPaws
And, those who are proponents of PC like to pat themselves on the back for being so "progressive," "open-minded," "sensitive," blah blah blah. In other words, it's not about reality. It's about feeling good about yourself.

Where have we heard that before? "It isn't important that everyone agree that 2 + 2 = 4 ... only that every student feels good about what they think the sum is."

Feelings have replaced facts. ;)

I promised myself not to post again but this is really getting out of wack.

This is not about "political correctness". I think it is slightly more than just politically incorrect to call someone a multicultural freak. It's downright hateful and bigoted (Doc you may not censor Mark's posts but you'll probably censor this one).

I just wonder if Doc doesn't want to edit or censor posts then how does he plan on enforcing the Board's terms of use which clearly disallow hateful posts?

Let's see how long this post will last.

No offense big paws, but it seems you are the one framing "multicultural" as a issue of Political Correctness". I have always wondered why the majority must defer to the sensitivities of the minority when clearly there is nothing "hateful" about Marks choice of words.

Sorry, your protest seems to go far beyond the good natured offering in Marks piece; a sign of intellectual dishonesty in my opinion. On a final note, the challange and suggestion that your post will be removed is stoking the fires of "censorship".

My 2 cents... Good trading big paws.

Dear Mark,

Glad to have you back in stoolville. Regarding big breasted women....it's no fun. I have had big one's (DD) all my life and my shoulders and back feel it....pain. :( At one time in my earlier years I even had them reduced....they grew back...so they might look good, but it sure doesn't feel good carrying them around 24/7....I know!

Hope everyone here has a nice holiday and keep the faith. Emperor's Club....great movie...we need more movies like this one....go see it with your kids!

Take care all!

This is the night to be OFFENDED! ?Supply Sider-how could you ? ?Using the pix of Lawrence of America-the scumbag of scumbags as your avatar-what if children are watching or worse yet-Cramer! ?Have you no couth-Answer me man! ?trade Safe!

B4,

while I agree completely with your opinion of Low Kud Larry, if there was ever a face (other than Arthur Laffer's) that epidemized the Supply Side (Let Them Eat Cake) Philosophy, it is the Lowest Kud of them all. Creamer is Green(span) with envy. No one has used his avitar since the old, old board went the way of the Studebaker.

Is it a full moon? This thread is out there tonight. Sex, Stocks, Social Incorrectness. Dude, we're all over the place.

Must be a relief blowoff from that vicious "Idiot's Rally" we all went through - RIP.

Relax, its all downhill coasting from here - literally. The bicycle ride up the mountain hill was hell but the ride down the other side is going to kick ass!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

SKID, UAL, wouldn't touch it. Market mood is no longer on your side and besides there are plenty of other opportunities to turn coin with a lot less risk. Broaden the horizons. Not saying UAL may not make you money but why choose it when there are thousands of other stocks from which to pick?!

Archived