Fun with FNM

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to laugh today - got stopped out of SNR yesterday and pissed they couldn't get near the stop and the thing goes down for a two count and rises back up to TKO today. Man, these things are hard to figure.... buy em when their down on the mat and before you know it they knock you out.

on the momo list:

ANTP

SNR

TIV

ATCO

etc...

I did buy some DHB - wish me well. Actually, when is the government going to order up some body scan machines for the Marines as they try to deal with frisking thousands of Iraqi's as they enter the secure zones. Man, what a task - but we got the technology. Price?

Ho,Ho,Ho to all. Can anyone tell me if the OmniTrader softare for trading is any good? The flyer in the mail looked good but I have no idea. thanks, buddha

Buddha:

Those canned programs are a waste of money, unless you are trading futures on a 5-second chart in a Momentum Shop where you operate on 100:1 margin.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you are doing OK, just using your regular forensic analysis, watching for "Animal Planet Breakout" setups on the IBD charts, and following the FEED blasts, OpEx shenanigans, EOM price markup schemes, and all the rest............

Good call on TASR today..........

DHB is "as good as it gets" as far as a high volume CanSlimmer breakout........Those are usually good holds for about 90 days or so..........

I'm still holding ADM, BG, FLR, ATPG, and other High Volume Boner Blasts from a few weeks ago.........

Just pick any chart that might morph into one of these.........

post-184-1103856926.jpg

This was it..

"DHB Industries Inc. said its Point Blank Body Armor Inc. unit received a $100 million order for armored vests from the Army as part of a three-year contract announced earlier Wednesday. " http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/htheqp.html

"The future outlook for DHB appears outstanding given the continuing war on terror and the increased need for homeland security"

Ho,Ho,Ho to all. Can anyone tell me if the OmniTrader softare for trading is any good? The flyer in the mail looked good but I have no idea. thanks, buddha

Yes I can tell you.

No, IMO, it is not good. At least the version I tried 3 years ago. I found it leads to late entries after a good part of the move is underway. Great way to get whopsawed and I can do that to myself without spending extra on software. :lol:

I have always liked MDG....from a mo-mo perspective anyway.

I do not "buy and hold" anything, except physical.

MDG has always seemed responsive to POG changes....and there are options for it.

AU is another one that lately seems to move quite a bit with POG changes.

Thanks guys for the feedback. Actually I'm just always to looking to exand on opportunities. I get some good ideas over at Alan Farley's place. The Omni stuff is problematic. For any intraday stuff by the time any visual monitor notes the move you could easily be climbing in on the extreme end anyway. The game is all about anticipation and probability and no real time stuff is going to get you in ahead of your own intuition and risk tolerance I suspect.

I'll go back over the weekend and review the CanSlim stuff and IBD. I got the pennant breakout in Tzoo this morning for very good points and there is no way on earth any software system could trigger that in time for a good buy imo. But the setup the night before, yes that it could do. Hardrightedge is a pretty good site for setups. best to all,buddha

p.s. I follow a growth list of 6 stocks at the open. Tasr hasn't really made a big move in a while. Wfmi did yesterday. Goog did the day before that. It was Tzoo's turn today. On Monday I suspect it could be Tasr's turn. Just my intuition. who knows?

Anyone care to share their January effect small cap list? Cien was nice today. Do these traditionally move the last week in December or the first week of January? thanks,buddha I am looking at ones that have consolidated for a time off lows and are beginning to move. Tern and Cien come to mind.

Archived