Speculation and Sex

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charles de Gaulle made the following observation about the dollar as a reserve currency,

Practicing Random Acts Of Insanity

Years before, General de Gaulle had realized that an international monetary system with dollars as the reserve currency had a bit of a flaw. ?"The Americans can pay off their debts in money of whatever value they choose," he had noticed.

So why exactly are foreign central banks buying tremendous amounts of dollar denominated bonds? Why don't the foreign industries just lower their export prices if they want to maintain market share?

gee, thats a great idea... why dont we export fords at $1,000 each?

We're the debtor nation and foreigners are on average creditors, so the situations aren't comparable - the US isn't buying foreign currencies that are going to depreciate.

Rather than foreign central banks buying up huge amounts of US bonds that they are going to eventually take a loss on as the dollar depreciates, why don't they just subsidize their domestic industries with the money they would have wasted buying US bonds? The subsidy to their domestic industries could take the form of lower taxes, for example. Then their industries could lower their prices for export to the US by the same amount they receive in tax subsidies to maintain their exports. At least it seems they would have more control over the situation if they were to do this, and not be at the whim of the foreign exchange market.

because they would then be in violation of Austrian canon #1:destabilizing the structure of their respective economies by inyerfering with the natural or market determined rate of interest--

Enormous amounts of surplus money freely distributed to pampered industrialists wreak havoc with an economy--

Just watch the economic freak show when you start hearing the bellowing of the economic walking wounded here in america --"Money,print and give us more money so that we can spennnd and invest and make more money for all of us"--

The cries will evolve into people making mad dashes into the vestibiles of the central banks all over the world --- all of whom will be diverted into non-critical areas by disney created anamatronic ushers,their bellies full of electronic gear enunciationg the ancient crise de cour,"Free Lunch,over there FreeLunch,over there just before the edge of that cliff"...

beardrech..... :ph34r: :ph34r:

now this is absolutely scary:

Major Terror Attack Imminent

"In regard to rumors about a large-scale attack against the U.S. during the month of Ramadan, Al-Hijazi said that "a huge and very courageous strike" will take place and that the number of infidels expected to be killed in this attack, according to primary estimates, exceeds 100,000. He added that he "anticipates, but will not swear, that the attack will happen during Ramadan."

According to Islamic theology, a leader called the ?Mahdi? is supposed to rise during a time where Moslems are oppressed all over the world. He will fight these oppressors and create a single, unified, Islamic world state. The Mahdi is, in other words, the Islamic version of the second coming of Christ. This legend is widely believed among Moslems at all the corners of the Earth.

There is a reason why this is suddenly relevant. According to Islamic literature, the Mahdi will rise at a time when both a solar and a lunar eclipse occur during Ramadan. That will occur this year and it will not happen again for, at an absolute minimum, several hundred years. The Lunar Eclipse will fall on November 9th, the Solar Eclipse on November 23rd. During that time, therefore, a massive upsurge in terrorist activity must be anticipated. But it could be much worse than that.

Islamist messages have warned Moslems to leave New York City, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Appositely--when 30 million american children wake up on xmas morning and rush down the stairs blushing with excitement towards the titanium tree only to find lumps of coal in their amateurishly hanndknitted stockings,then we must ask the islamist fascists," are you prepared ---I mean ,to meet your maker?"--this question asked, courtesy of a nation with an armentarium contaaining a couple of dozen real estate preserving neutron bombs-

beardreck :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ring, Ring........

Ring, Ring........

Ring, Ring........

Nobody is answering........

Al Green MUST be on the Batphone as we speak:

Al: "Get me Fukui, now!!"

Fukui: "Ah, sooo, Good morning, Mr. Greenspan"

Al: "Spare me the pleasantries!! Where are the buy orders?"

Fukui: "Buy orders for what, Mr. Greenspan?"

Al: "The U.S. Dollar, you stupid fool!!! Double Bottom must be defended now!!! ASAP!!"

Fukui: "So sorry, Mr. Greenspan, I'm late for my appointment at the Hostess Bar. Call tomorrow, and we can discuss."

Al: "No!!! I need the BOJ's cooperation now!!! I need support for the dollar IMMEDIATELY!!!"

Fukui: "So sorry, Mr. Greenspan, you must wait for BOJ committee. Meeting next week. We discuss then."

Al: "What?? No!! Support is needed NOW!!"

Fukui: "No can do, Mr. Greenspan. Seems that we have too many T-Bones on our plate now. Maybe we should offload."

Al: "Are you kidding?? Where else are you going to invest??"

Fukui: "High ranking party officials are talking about gold. Something about rising price appreciation."

Al: "I'm sending nuclear bombs now, if you don't cooperate!!"

"If my GSE's melt down, Tokyo melts down the next morning!!"

oh my gawd........'bout fell out of my chair reading this stuff!!!

mark......

you've been all over this CRB blowup and the US peso collapse...

congrats!

i hope you are making more profits than you know what to do with my friend...

keep up the fantastic work.

dw

RIVERBOATERS PARADISE CONTINUES

Opened my Forbes mag and read a good article of short squeezes

There must be a lot of early shorts being squeezed out of the market right now.

Another article on Prof Vernnon Smith "Professor Bubble" was very misleading as it said we are NOT headed for a bubble any time soon while quoting Mr Smiths research which clearly shows that an "Echo bubble" forms after the main bubble.

We are in the late stages of that echo Bubble!!!!

Article should have read "ARE WE IN THE ECHO BUBBLE"

Also and article about William Ding the founder of NTES - they just caught him in time as the stock has started to seriosly tank - kiss of death.

PS we need a spell checker for posts doc!!

PPS My shares magazine has front cover "RESOURCES BOOM"

May the Force be With You Stoolies. Arch fiend Al Green continues to run the big lie. Why not? Entire executive branch is peopled with ad agency hacks,failed oil flim flammers and crude psychopaths. Lying is the essential tool of despotism. The 'big lie' as defined by Joe Goebels is to merely repeat the most outrageous untruths as often as possible until they become accepted as fact. The enormous contempt and disdain for the teeming masses is the calling card of these elites. The House of Cards remains. How much longer it stands no one can say. Dow 10,000 is a given. Should be a staged Orwellian event of unheard of magnitude in the media. There is no difference between the marketing of war and the marketing of equities in these dark times. All of it is staged, clownish and tasteless. Whats left for the sane is only humor and an occasional trade. May we all live with as much integrity as can be summoned. Bless you guys, buddhadropping

The chant from general Media, i.e. Crapvision/Bloomer can produce phenomenal

results. The chant after time leads to belief. The chant has become deafening in

today's world. This is what financial / news TV is all about. In a 24 minute news cast, we do not get the news. On Crapvision we hear a chant, over time many are bound to believe. When we hear over and over again there is no inflation, the economy is on the mend, we are in a new bull, unemployment is sub 6%, there is no threat of increasing interest rates etc etc etc, after a period of time people will believe it. AMAT is going to $100 a share....... if you hear it enough you will believe it.

IT REALLY IS A RELIGION

It has a priesthood, Creamer and Crudlow et al acolyts and bears for human sacrifice!!!!!

Lock Limit Down Nov 14 2003, 05:54 AM

The chant from general Media, i.e. Crapvision/Bloomer can produce phenomenal

results. The chant after time leads to belief. The chant has become deafening in

today's world. This is what financial / news TV is all about. In a 24 minute news cast, we do not get the news. On Crapvision we hear a chant

Iraq smelling bad and getting worse.

The neocons are getiing desperate.

Bet they offer the country to the Organisation of Arab Unity next.

They will probably end up offloading it onto some sheep dealer in Eritrea for all free hay he can eat.

Thats how we got rid of the shipment of sheep the saudis wouldnt take.

THE ORIGIN OF THE STOCK BUBBLE

NED WARD

from "The Delights of the Bottle: OR, the Compleat Vintner (1720)

Canto IV - 'The Tavern Tormentors'

Tho' other Trades, as well as they,

Have Teasers in a diff'rent way.

Among this merry motly Race,

The Bubble Upstarts claim a place,

Grown Rich by fictious Stocks and Funds,

As Asses thrive on barren Grounds,

Each ravish'd with his wealthy Store,

Like Danae with her Golden Show'r,

Which from the distant Clouds descended;

Just so our Bublers are befriended,

Who growing proud and richer far,

In fancy, than they really are,

Assume too much where e'er they come,

Except where known, and that's at home;

Huff, strut and wrangle where they Dine,

Reproach the Cook, dispraise the Wine,

Dispute the Bill without a cause,

And chatter worse than Pyes or Daws,

Shewing they are not what they wou'd be,

Nor can, or will be what they shou'd be.

But curb, O Muse, thy forward Nature,

All Jobbers merit not thy Satyr,

Archived