IDS World Markets Fri 5th October 07

I hope everyone saw the correction of the Fed numbers I had posted yesterday. http://wallstreetexaminer.com/?p=1753

That made 6 drains in a row. Will today make it lucky 7? Are you willing to fight the Fed? Are ya, huh? :lol:

Thanks to those who brought the error to my attention.

612849[/snapback]

The market is up overall since last Friday.

So the contraction is only slowly down the move up. :huh:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking Rockies-Indians woud be really interesting.

612848[/snapback]

Cleveland vs. Colorectal. Now there's a matchup that will stir the hearts of network executives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better believe they are praying for the Yankees to make it, or at least the Sox, who would bring in all of New England and Boston expats. In the NL the favored son would be the Cubbies for sure. Team from the no. 3 market with a national following via WGN cable superstation.

Even though the Phillies come from the No. 4 media market (Nielsen) with a rabid fan base, they have no following outside the immediate Delaware Valley region, being penned in with other teams within 90 miles in every direction. For example, in York Pa, less than 100 miles west of Philly, everybody is an O's fan. North and east of Trenton, only 40 miles away, they're all Yankees and Mets fans.

Colorectal and Cleveland is probably the worst matchup of all for the networks. Two small markets with no national following. Cleveland is another hemmed in market with nearby teams in every direction, and it's small to begin with. As for Denver, most people don't even know that it had a team, or where it is for that matter.

standard Friday gov't gold slapdown and stock goose weekend greenprint

612855[/snapback]

It's laughable that people put so much faith in a totally random number. Did you notice that most of the job number came from Gubermint jobs.This looks fadeable to me.My Double Dollar Dong is looking good this morning.I will definately not overstay my welcome in this trade.We will be lucky to get back to USDX 80 on a bounce in my opinion!

I hope everyone saw the correction of the Fed numbers I had posted yesterday. http://wallstreetexaminer.com/?p=1753

That made 6 drains in a row. Will today make it lucky 7? Are you willing to fight the Fed? Are ya, huh? :lol:

612849[/snapback]

The market is up overall since last Friday.

So the contraction is only slowly down the move up. :huh:

612852[/snapback]

Right, but if this aggressive draining continues, it should start to bite any day now. Stay tuned for the Fed's 9:40 posting.

612849[/snapback]

Fight which head of the Fed that is the question?

The public talking head; the Fed Trading Desk head that coordinates the blasts; the OMO; or whichever office within the Fed that deals with other central banks; or the head with no mouth and only ears that listens to the like of Jimbo Cramer Pimpco Gross and the like?

People can speak out of both sides of their head, but the Fed has so many faces it would take a Herculian effort to fight.

612849[/snapback]

Fight which head of the Fed that is the question?

The public talking head; the Fed Trading Desk head that coordinates the blasts; the OMO; or whichever office within the Fed that deals with other central banks; or the head with no mouth and only ears that listens to the like of Jimbo Cramer Pimpco Gross and the like?

People can speak out of both sides of their head, but the Fed has so many faces it would take a Herculian effort to fight.

612862[/snapback]

I pay no attention whatsoever to what the Fed says. I only care about what it does.

You know the old adage.

Archived