Symbolic Of The Perma-Bear Ultimate Fantasy?

From ananova.com:

Man drops world's biggest rubber band ball out of a plane

A Welshman spent five years creating the world's biggest rubber band ball - then dropped it out of a plane to see if it would bounce.

Tony Evans, 54, from Swansea, dropped the one-tonne record-breaking ball from a mile up over Arizona.

It took 20 seconds to hit the ground and created a 4ft wide crater and a 20ft cloud of dust - but did not bounce.

The ball collapsed on impact and the remains stayed firmly in the bottom of the crater, reports the Daily Record.

Mr Evans, who earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records with his ball, said: "It was my pride and joy.

"People were always asking me what would happened if the ball was dropped from a great height. Would it bounce or explode? No one knew.

"I'd have loved to see it bounce up into the sky. But it was an incredible sight."

A TV show paid for the ball to be dropped out of a plane above the Mojave Desert and a skydiving cameraman filmed its descent.

Story filed: 08:31 Thursday 27th March 2003

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No time for much; just a short note. Pile, Re: donging RANGY. Good move. Chart looks great; only problems are: it's a bit overbought (nothing serious, though - no sell signals) and there is some serious price-by-volume resistance in the 11-12 area. Don't expect it to make new highs - but will probably have a nice rise.

Regards,

Vesselin

CBOE PCR 11:30 AM CST (re-posting)

Equity 1.10

Index 1.13

Overall 1.11

PCR Volume Change from Last Half Hour

Equity Calls +14%; Puts +95%

Index Calls +4%; Puts +20%

Possibly too many folks expecting a drop in the market now

post-3-1048874111_thumb.gif

Archived