Beaten Back But Bulls Hold On

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bears got the ball in the closing minutes but couldn't score the victory.

582895[/snapback]

And I was ready too. I was resting in my hammock.. when these two humans came by and slipped me a micky.....

post-1110-1179779094_thumb.jpg

Those Chinese may be a pretty smart bunch.....

Step 1: Sell the US a bunch a crap on the cheap creating a buying binge and start stock piling USD receipts

Step 2: Use USD received from cheap crap to invest in US Treasuries thus forcing down interest rates and creating a bubble in real estate

Step 3: US idiots use "new found wealth" in real estate to buy more Chinese crap thus increasing USD reserves held by Chinese

Step 4: After amassing substaintial USD position start purchasing US companies (opps, Conoco deal fails, what to do, what to do???)...Ah, buy US companies indirectly by taking them private via investments through PE company (Blackstone should do).....

Step 5: US Empire declines into oblivion while China assumes the mantle of most powerful nation....probably by, say, 2015 or maybe 2020

NICE......

Step 1:  Sell the US a bunch a crap on the cheap creating a buying binge and start stock piling USD receipts

Step 2:  Use USD received from cheap crap to invest in US Treasuries thus forcing down interest rates and creating a bubble in real estate

Step 3:  US idiots use "new found wealth" in real estate to buy more Chinese crap thus increasing USD reserves held by Chinese

Step 4:  After amassing substaintial USD position start purchasing US companies (opps, Conoco deal fails, what to do, what to do???)...Ah, buy US companies indirectly by taking them private via investments through PE company (Blackstone should do).....

Step 5:  US Empire declines into oblivion while China assumes the mantle of most powerful nation....probably by, say, 2015 or maybe 2020

NICE......

582899[/snapback]

Step 4 is apparently starting now, lets see how long it takes for the US to raise protectionist barriers and for Heli Ben to go airborne reducing the chinese to mere bagholders of worthless Ameripeso doolahs.

Step 1:  Sell the US a bunch a crap on the cheap creating a buying binge and start stock piling USD receipts

Step 2:  Use USD received from cheap crap to invest in US Treasuries thus forcing down interest rates and creating a bubble in real estate

Step 3:  US idiots use "new found wealth" in real estate to buy more Chinese crap thus increasing USD reserves held by Chinese

Step 4:  After amassing substaintial USD position start purchasing US companies (opps, Conoco deal fails, what to do, what to do???)...Ah, buy US companies indirectly by taking them private via investments through PE company (Blackstone should do).....

Step 5:  US Empire declines into oblivion while China assumes the mantle of most powerful nation....probably by, say, 2015 or maybe 2020

NICE......

582899[/snapback]

Plan seems to be working pretty good right now.

But there might be a bit of Chinese rectal clenching later this year.

post-2169-1179782616_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1179782663_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1179782680_thumb.jpg

NICE......

582899[/snapback]

Step 4 is apparently starting now, lets see how long it takes for the US to raise protectionist barriers and for Heli Ben to go airborne reducing the chinese to mere bagholders of worthless Ameripeso doolahs.

582902[/snapback]

The infamous Clint Eastwood phrase, Go ahead and make my day comes to mind.

Ben can't. Actually he can, but he won't because we would fare much worse.

Without them recycling dollars back to us in the form of debt, the entire system collapses.

And, post-collapse, we don't stand a chance in hell - we don't know how to work anymore.

DJ Fed Moskow: Sees Growth Improving, Inflation Coming Down - TV

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Though the U.S. economic slowdown has been more

pronounced than expected, growth should pick up as the year progresses,

Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago President Michael Moskow said Monday.

"I see growth improving and I see ... our expectation is that inflation

rates will continue to come down" this year, Moskow said according to a

transcript of an interview with the PBS Nightly Business Report to be aired

Monday.

The unemployment rate, meanwhile, "will not go up a great deal" from its

current level of just 4.5%, which Moskow noted is "very low by historical

standards."

Moskow's view that the economy is "moving in the right direction" is

consistent with the expectation that the Fed will hold interest rates steady

at least through the autumn. Investor hopes for lower rates have been scaled

back in the wake of positive reports from manufacturers and weekly jobless

claims.

amazing DOW down 14 pts and this brings an unscheduled pr stunt from a fed speaker

Bottom could be forming at $3.80

582901[/snapback]

I sold off half my GSS position recently at 4.75 since I figured it would have trouble at the 4.80-5.00 level, a resistance zone dating back a very long time.

Support looks to me like anywhere from 3.30-3.85. The low last week was 3.79. So it's definitely in the vicinity of support.

The move to the recent high of 4.95 not only took GSS back to resistance but also filled (or nearly so) the late 2004 downside gap b/w 4.95-5.05. So a siesta was certainly warranted from a technical standpoint and GSS has sold off 24%.

Once GSS gets past the key 4.95-5.05 level, it could work on getting back to the late 2003 high around 8.60.

I haven't bought back any yet. If GSS loiters around the mid-$3s, I'll probably pick some more up.

post-2169-1179783874_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1179783884_thumb.jpg

I bought AAV back around march 21 for the dividend.

Since then it has launched. Wish all my trades were like this!

582900[/snapback]

Nice trade MD... let me show one of my trades... It seemed like a great trade at the time...

Bought and sold and made good coin...

post-1110-1179784060_thumb.jpg

Stopped following the stock and... this happened! Ooofaa

post-1110-1179784097_thumb.jpg

NICE......

582899[/snapback]

582902[/snapback]

Without them recycling dollars back to us in the form of debt, the entire system collapses.

And, post-collapse, we don't stand a chance in hell - we don't know how to work anymore.

582904[/snapback]

It has been a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours relationship so far, if the chinese start showing their teeth then the US has to respond. The Conoco deal is a case in point.

To some extent it might be like a nuclear endgame if US/China relations go sour, nobody wins they both lose.

I'm just not sold on the idea that the Chinese are purely evil and have taken advantage of the US, so far the US seems to hold the higher cards. I mean all the chinese have is Federal Reserve IOUs and trashuries payable in FRN, while the US has assets in China and american companies have made huge profits by buying products from the (low margin?) chinese producers and selling them to the newly leveraged consumer on the "cheap". All this while luxury companies make big bucks selling big ticket items to the chinese new rich that have made their money exploring the untaxed negative externalities in China.

Step 1:? Sell the US a bunch a crap on the cheap creating a buying binge and start stock piling USD receipts

Step 2:? Use USD received from cheap crap to invest in US Treasuries thus forcing down interest rates and creating a bubble in real estate

Step 3:? US idiots use "new found wealth" in real estate to buy more Chinese crap thus increasing USD reserves held by Chinese

Step 4:? After amassing substaintial USD position start purchasing US companies (opps, Conoco deal fails, what to do, what to do???)...Ah, buy US companies indirectly by taking them private via investments through PE company (Blackstone should do).....

Step 5:? US Empire declines into oblivion while China assumes the mantle of most powerful nation....probably by, say, 2015 or maybe 2020

NICE......

582899[/snapback]

582902[/snapback]

582904[/snapback]

It has been a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours relationship so far, if the chinese start showing their teeth then the US has to respond. The Conoco deal is a case in point.

To some extent it might be like a nuclear endgame if US/China relations go sour, nobody wins they both loose.

I'm just not sold on the idea that the Chinese are purely evil and have taken advantage of the US, so far the US seems to hold the higher cards. I mean all the chinese have is Federal Reserve IOUs and trashuries payable in FRN, while the US has assets in China and american companies have made huge profits by buying products from the (low margin?) chinese producers and selling them to the newly leveraged consumer on the "cheap". All this while luxury companies make big bucks selling big ticket items to the chinese new rich that have made their money exploring the untaxed negative externalities in China.

582908[/snapback]

soon China will own all those american companies

if they actually don't already :ph34r:

Archived