• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

and

over on http://www.jsmineset.com

it shows a snippet and a link to the article that 'Splains that ABX Barrickkkkkk,

da consolidator,

da boyz's firm,

da insiders

da made mens entity,

HAS DETERMINED that it will no longer be hedged, and has taken a big loss to unwind all of its hedges.

duuuuuh, jick, wat does this mean??

IT MEANS THAT THE MADE INSIDERS KNOW THAT SOON ENOUGH THE METAL WILL GO ZOOOOOMMMMMING UP.

and, for fun, want to observe a device that makes money in gold futures??

here it be----->

post-1911-1178072750_thumb.jpg

http://www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus/

More boolish more moolah. try2win I hope you are correct on crisco as I am still holding July 25 calls which have been going no where.

I bought this the other day, Minera Andes Inc, as I REFUSE to buy any large cap miners. Give me NJMC over NEM any old day. I do not trust big companies due to the temptation of fraud.

579827[/snapback]

earnings will drive the next move .... i like the chart but the chart can go lots of places on earnings release ...would you sell your calls on a run up into the date or would you hold ?

if i can get a decent gain i would sell, holding into earnings sometimes feels like a lotto ticket. .

Here's another bubbler that most have ignored....Kenya:

"Stock fever has struck Kenya. In the past year alone the number of Kenyans who now own stocks and shares has tripled to 6 per cent of the adult population."

"Some 500,000 Kenyans have bought their first shares, according to the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE), which was set up in the mid-50s. Last year, the NSE index of the most important companies grew by 42 per cent, and it has climbed by 400 per cent over the last five years."

"'You can only win,' says Robert Asudi, 31, a former real-estate agent who now lives from dealing in stocks and shares. Four years ago he went freelance and since then he has looked after

the portfolios of his family and friends. "They trust me," he says." :ph34r:

"'The gaps in knowledge of the small investors are a problem,' exchange chief Chris Mwebesa said. The fourth largest African stock exchange has to answer questions on its website like "What is a share?'"

"There is no end to the boom in sight."

http://rawstory.com/news/dpa/Kenyans_inves...__04292007.html

Here's another bubbler that most have ignored....Kenya:

"Stock fever has struck Kenya. In the past year alone the number of Kenyans who now own stocks and shares has tripled to 6 per cent of the adult population."

"Some 500,000 Kenyans have bought their first shares, according to the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE), which was set up in the mid-50s.  Last year, the NSE index of the most important companies grew by 42 per cent, and it has climbed by 400 per cent over the last five years."

"'You can only win,' says Robert Asudi, 31, a former real-estate agent who now lives from dealing in stocks and shares. Four years ago he went freelance and since then he has looked after

the portfolios of his family and friends. "They trust me," he says." :ph34r:

"'The gaps in knowledge of the small investors are a problem,' exchange chief Chris Mwebesa said. The fourth largest African stock exchange has to answer questions on its website like "What is a share?'"

"There is no end to the boom in sight."

http://rawstory.com/news/dpa/Kenyans_inves...__04292007.html

579842[/snapback]

the bucket shop err Barclays should launch an etf ....

If you were some poor schmuck Kenyan and you had a choice of holding everything you have saved the last 20 years in some pieces of paper backed by the full faith and confidence of the Kenya Central Bank or you could hold some pieces of paper representing a small percentage ownership of a miner or a ranching company or anything tangible at all. Which would you choose? :lol: :(

If you were some poor schmuck Norte Americano and you had a choice of holding everything you have saved the last 20 years in some pieces of paper backed by the full faith and confidence of the Fed or you could hold some pieces of paper representing a small percentage ownership of a miner or a ranching company or anything tangible at all. Which would you choose? :unsure: :o

If you were some poor schmuck Kenyan and you had a choice of holding everything you have saved the last 20 years in some pieces of paper backed by the full faith and confidence of the Kenya Central Bank    or    you could hold some pieces of paper representing a small percentage ownership of a miner or a ranching company or anything tangible at all.  Which would you choose?  :lol:  :(

579844[/snapback]

It's working for Peru.

"'The gaps in knowledge of the small investors are a problem,' exchange chief Chris Mwebesa said. The fourth largest American stock exchange has to answer questions on its website like "What the heck is a Freddie Mac CDO and why are so many of them in my money market?'"

:angry: :angry:

Death from Descartes.  You always knew it would be a whimper and not a bang, didn't ya?

"... three minutes after midnight, the last human being to be born on earth was killed in a pub brawl in a suburb of Buenos Aires, aged twenty-five years two months and twelve days. If the first reports are to be believed, Joseph Ricardo died as he had lived. The distinction, if one can call it that, of being the last human whose birth was officially recorded, unrelated as it was to any personal virtue or talent, had always been difficult for him to handle. And now he is dead.

Artists are always the first to get it.  But market students can see where the money flows and have a head start on what's likely to happen, at least, the ones who have an independent understanding of the world as well as market acumen.

But that's just SciFi.  It couldn't actually happen, could it? 

Terminator is the answer to the agribusiness dream of controlling world food production. No longer would they need to hire expensive detectives to spy on whether farmers were re-using Monsanto or other GMO patented seed. Terminator corn or soybeans or cotton seeds could be genetically modified to ?commit suicide? after one harvest season. That would automatically prevent farmers from saving and re-using the seed for the next harvest. The technology would be a means of enforcing Monsanto or other GMO patent rights, and forcing payment of farmer use fees not only in developing economies, where patent rights were, understandably, little respected, but also in industrial OECD countries.   

With Terminator patent rights, once a country such as Argentina or Brazil or Iraq or the USA or Canada opened its doors to the spread of GMO patented seeds among its farmers, their food security would be potentially hostage to a private multinational company, a company which, for whatever reasons, especially given its intimate ties to the US Government, might decide to use ?food as a weapon? to compel a US-friendly policy from that country or group of countries.   

Sound far-fetched? Go back to what then-Secretary of State Henry Kissinger did in countries like Allende?s Chile to force a regime change to a ?US-friendly? Pinochet dictatorship by withholding USAID and private food exports to Chile. Kissinger dubbed it ?food as a weapon.? Terminator is merely the logical next step in food weapon technology.

FSO

What is even more frightening is that traits from genetically-engineered crops can get passed on to other crops. Once the terminator seeds are released into a region, the trait of seed sterility could be passed to other non-genetically-engineered crops making most or all of the seeds in the region sterile.

Terminator Gene

Cheerio!

Cheerio.jpg

579830[/snapback]

I'm a big fan of your posts, Speakeasy, so this is not personal... but this FSO article is all so much ill-considered claptrap.

First, it was over 7 years ago that Monsanto pledged not to commercialize the technology:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/st...,260202,00.html

Despite the certain proclamations of hystericists who would forever demonize Monsanto, the latter still haven't commercialized it. Patent protection runs 17 years from date of issue - time's running out on Monsanto to enact their dasterdly plan to starve us all with their the evil terminatorated bounty. They must sure be cooking up a doosie....

Second, even if they did commercialize it, no one would be forcing farmers to purchase the damned thing - farmers who preferred to retain seed from their harvest could, ummm, NOT purchase terminator technology.

Third, the author makes a heroically absurd leap from the fallacies of Point #2 to arrive at the silly notion that whole nations' "food security" could be at stake, and subject to blackmail. Umm... really? Umm... in fact, no.

Finally, OH MY GOD THE TERMINATOR GENE IS GOING TO WIPE OUT THE PLANET'S SEEDS!! In one shot? Through some sort of immaculate gene transmission to entire seed-bearing populations? I mean, it's not like suicide - or sterility - is a trait that one would expect nature to select for - to the extent there was complete flow of the terminator gene system into a wild relative, umm, that relative's progeny is presumably NOT going to be creating life-cycle fulfilling seeds, since wasn't that the whole function of the gene?

Engdahl is both an idiot and late to the game: when the GMO hysteria was in full swing in the fall & winter of 1999, I remember reading that the market value of Monsanto's drug division effectively equaled the company's total value, implicitly assigning an effective zero-value to Monsanto's agriculture division. That didn't make sense to me so I bought a batch: it was the first stock I ever purchased.

Only wish I'd had more money at the time....

On another topic, it sure has sucked for months & years to be a bear....

Lee Whee,

I believe you recently abandoned one Marin rental for another somewhere else? Are you still renting in Marin? I think you've also indicated that you have long-standing knowledge of the SF residential real estate market, yes?

I've rented on Russian Hill for 2.5 years.

The high end in my 'hood is dead, and has been for months. I'm talking the big +$5 million trophy properties. Like 990 Green, 10 Hastings, 1071 Vallejo - these things have been on the market for months & months.

Do you have a working time-frame in your head for when San Francisco begins to get marked down to some sensible level? I'm not talking these trophy homes. I mean, when does a 2bd/1ba TIC not cost $1 million in this area? Ever again?

Archived