IDS World Markets Mon 2nd March 09

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hedge-hogs continue to take the pipe...

More redemptions.....BULLISH....for Tbags and CD's that is...

Among the managers expecting withdrawals are New York-based D.E. Shaw & Co. and Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC, which together manage more than $50 billion in assets. Huw van Steenis, an anal cyst at Morgan Stanley in London, says he has seen "no deceleration" in investors' requests to pull money out of hedge funds. As a result, he estimates that assets under management in the global hedge-fund industry will shrink by as much as 30% this year due to withdrawals, following a 20% decrease in the second half of last year. That will leave total assets at less than $1 trillion, down from their peak of more than $1.9 trillion in mid-2008.

wsj.com

Waiting..

Thanks for posting USD chart so regularly. It's been sheer torture watching the (potential) second top form..

Thanks, AB! I hope you are keeping your rentals full, as I noted your past post about the crash in housing pressure in the mining towns.

Hedge-hogs continue to take the pipe...

More redemptions.....BULLISH....for Tbags and CD's that is...

Among the managers expecting withdrawals are New York-based D.E. Shaw & Co. and Och-Ziff Capital Management Group LLC, which together manage more than $50 billion in assets. Huw van Steenis, an anal cyst at Morgan Stanley in London, says he has seen "no deceleration" in investors' requests to pull money out of hedge funds. As a result, he estimates that assets under management in the global hedge-fund industry will shrink by as much as 30% this year due to withdrawals, following a 20% decrease in the second half of last year. That will leave total assets at less than $1 trillion, down from their peak of more than $1.9 trillion in mid-2008.

wsj.com

The coming Treasury market crash will wipe out more wealth and people than even imaginable with the hedge funds.

I'll go first. Modify the day according to your preference.

How about:

Black Casimir Pulaski Day

or

The Pulaski Day Crashinski

It's a holiday today in Chicago.

(I promised to take the kids to an indoor water park. Bad timing! I'm gonna have to find a way to keep in touch. The crash window is wide open.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Pulaski_Day

"Casimir Pulaski Day is a holiday observed in Illinois on the first Monday of every March to commemorate Casimir Pulaski, a Revolutionary War cavalry officer born March 4, 1747 in Poland as Kazimierz Pułaski. He is known for his contributions to the U.S. military in the American Revolution by training its soldiers and cavalry.

The day is celebrated mainly in areas that have large Polish populations. Chicago has the largest Polish population of any city in the world, save for Warsaw.[1]"

Archived