IDS World Markets Mon 5th November 07

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $39 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

By the way, the rules have not changed. Any posts which are strictly political in nature, and/or do not cite the source if they are a quote from a third party will be subject to immediate deletion.

I assume that anything reposted from another source without a link to the source is simply not valid. Without knowing where something came from, and its context, we have no way to know if it is true or false--just a hoax. And even if true, without knowing the source, the motivation for the post, and the context, we cannot judge it's real meaning.

Hong Kong, Nov. 5 (AP).- A thousand points of light were reported seen over Hong Kong last night, with some witnesses even saying they counted over one thousand five hundred.

Sorry, no link.

That does it! You're BANNED!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to repost this-- to see what your thoughts are.

Sure seems there are a ton of articles telling everyone to short the dollar. I have it going lower too, but all this media coverage has to make you wonder.

Of course, the consensus is right a lot more than contrarians like to admit.

620599[/snapback]

CONSIDER THE U.S. % OF GLOBAL GDP.

OR, US% OF GLOBAL TRADE FLOWS.

OR, U.S. CURRENT ACCOUNT DEFICIT.

THE REAL ECONOMY OF THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' PLANET IS LONG THE DOLLAR.

620602[/snapback]

To the tune of 8-10 TRILLION dollars. Is that a long position or is that a long position. :lol:

620629[/snapback]

OK, but what about all those foreigners who bought US dollar denominated financial ASSets and borrowed the dollars to purchase it. How many trillions is that?

What happens when their investment stops paying interest, drops in value, and they get a margin call. That margin call has to be met with dollars. But say you're Japanese or German, or, gulp, Canadian, and the only assets you can sell are denominated in yen or Euro or CAD. So you have to sell something in your own currency to buy the dollars that you will need to meet your margin call.

Oops. Short squeeze. Suddenly, every currency in the world falls sharply against the dollar, and because there's a dollar shortage, US interest rates soar.

Nightmare scenario.

Possible?

620638[/snapback]

WCG excreeting some news this morning...

WellCare posts higher profit in prelminary results

Reuters - November 05, 2007 8:02 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - WellCare Health Plans Inc (WCG), whose offices were raided by government agents last month, said quarterly net income rose 67 percent as membership in its Medicare plans for seniors jumped.

Third-quarter net income rose to $72.4 million, or $1.71 per share, from $43.3 million, or $1.06 per share, a year earlier, according to preliminary data reported on Monday..

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...524518220071105

big.chart?symb=wcg&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1772672&style=320&time=8&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=2318&mocktick=1

It's up $13.50 in the early bird round....

Archived