The Power of Positive Thinking

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smith Barney on Wednesday lowered its investment rating on SIRI to "sell" from "hold," citing valuation.

Wow, the public just got fisted on that one. :(

That's gonna destroy J6P investor CONfidence.

SIRI 7.07 -1.93

trading silver is boring by comparison

Somebody on the board yesterday was talking about

some friend who put an entire IRA into some high

flyer, maybe it was SIRI. So at least someone feels

worse this morning than PM investors.

It was some insufferable bull braggart that

pesters AGsNightmare from time to time,I believe.

GOOG still falling, below 170 now

Guess some fools have their whole 401Ks in that too.

You know what, this here is temporary. I'll bet the folks who

have their whole 401Ks metal stocks will be smiling not too many days,

or weeks or months, from now.

Although I wouldn't put my whole wad into a single sector myself, no

matter what.

I posted this in B4 at 8:57 for those who didn't see it there. So two hits at the same time, WSJ and Smith Barney, can't be good for the stock's optimism.....!

WSJ article in SIRI, 1st page of the Money Section by Jesse Eisinger

Sirius Satellite May Be Headed For Dog Days

Overspending on Stern, NFL Plus Too-Optimistic Assumptions Look Like Recipe for a flameout, December 8, 2004; Page C1

?Sirius Satellite Radio is named after the brightest star in the Earth's sky, which is fitting. Stars burn brightest right before they flame out?

....and?.

?With a market cap of almost $16 billion, the market is valuing Sirius as if it reaches already 45 million subscribers all by its lonesome -- on generous unit economics. Today, the entire cable-TV industry has about 67 million subscribers and entire satellite-TV industry has 24 million, according to Leichtman Research.?

Sirius is also called the Dog Star. Something to think about

Link to article (subscription required)

In premarket (8:50 am) SIRI trading around $8.40. Probably will be a gap down open.

GOOG still falling, below 170 now

Guess some fools have their whole 401Ks in that too.

You know what, this here is temporary. I'll bet the folks who

have their whole 401Ks metal stocks will be smiling not too many days,

or weeks or months, from now.

Although I wouldn't put my whole wad into a single sector myself, no

matter what.

We'll no doubt find out in the future.

Remember it's not my point as to whether gold/silver go up or down, rather to make the investors in gold/silver try to realise that maybe, just maybe you might try and sell a top (or sell off-from a top) that doesn?t work. By that I mean you sell and then the train really takes off. Nothing worse in my book than making say $100 when $1000 was on offer if you'd stuck to your original game plan. In fact some would argue that's mentally worse than losses.

And the more people trade in and out successfully the more your subconscious believes that you're a good 'trader'. Well, there aren't many good successful traders around who have the mental dexterity to continue bashing out profits. However there are many successful investors around who realise that

a) they're never really going to buy the lows,

B) never really going to sell the highs,

c) latching onto the trend is where both the easier and big money is made (well, it's not easy, just easier than trading), and finally

d) the market is going to move around even in a text book trend (up,up,up,up,down, down, up, up, up, up, down, down etc etc), so don't be depressed when they go down and vice-versa, don't get elated when they go up - unless you take some profits (and even then try and remain humble because we all know what happens when we think we've got this game licked.....)

So if deep down you know that you're not a trader (as I do) then you're taking a lot of risk in trading in and out of a perceived larger trend even if you get it right a number of times.

So Good luck to Gold INVESTORS and good luck to Gold TRADERS.

Archived