Another Tale From The Crypt

"I kind of consider this a miss, because they usually beat by a penny," Shawn Campbell, principal of Chicago-based Campbell Asset Management said Tuesday after (Crisco) results were announced.

Story

Yo, Shawn are you lurking here in Stoolville? B)

They only "met" because of a huge share buyback. Their business is deteriorating, they cannot meet the earnings guidance with the level of revenue they anticipate. Margins are deteriorating.

It was a huge miss, top line and bottom line and margins, relative to what every bull was expecting. Thus, the 5%+ drop in AH.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The background of higher rates and the knowledge that this "recovery" data does not reflect the economy going forward, should provide some interesting trading ops during this is Opex period. This is the first opex period since last year (except maybe Jan '03) where cynicism and technicals both point in the same direction : down (a wall of cynicism is not the same as a wall of worry).

Other than a Saddam pop, good news is being sold at the moment.

I like the idea of an AM pop with an afternoon retrace. I closed a lot of my short positions near yesterday's close. I am long energy and gold; I want to see how things play out for a few hours before playing with the broad indices again.

"I kind of consider this a miss, because they usually beat by a penny," Shawn Campbell, principal of Chicago-based Campbell Asset Management said Tuesday after (Crisco) results were announced.

Story

Yo, Shawn are you lurking here in Stoolville? B)

They only "met" because of a huge share buyback. Their business is deteriorating, they cannot meet the earnings guidance with the level of revenue they anticipate. Margins are deteriorating.

It was a huge miss, top line and bottom line and margins, relative to what every bull was expecting. Thus, the 5%+ drop in AH.

Yet, the Thugs at Wachovia upped it to "Outperform" with a target of $24-$28....

You knew that Dr. Stool is an egg spurt on Natural Gas. Doc assures you there is no finer gas than your Natural Gas. You can get the scent of your Natural Gas in today's Suctor Watch. Remember, it was Doc who warned you long ago when it was time to let go of your Gas. Lately, holding your Gas has been a pain in the assets, yeah, that's it, pain in the assets. See for yourself in today's Natural Gas release in Suctor Watch. (usually posted around 9:30 AM SHT. If you are unable to get your release of Natural Gas, take a subscribatory to the Anals, and get the Gas release you're looking for RIGHT NOW! Look for trading opportunities and clues to the market's direction in Suctors and Stoolwethers. Doc presents cycle charts with price targets on the leading big crap stocks and hot market suctors on alternate days, for your viewing and listening pleasure.

Aug. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Exelon Corp., the second-biggest U.S. utility owner, will cut 1,900 jobs, or 10 percent of its workforce, to increase annual cash flow by as much as $600 million.

About 1,200 jobs will be eliminated by 2004 and another 700 will be cut by 2006, mostly from the ranks of professionals and executives, Chicago-based Exelon said in an e-mailed statement. The company said it wants to improve cash flow by $300 million to $600 million a year.

Archived