B4 The Bell Fryday April 2,2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE-not sure what you mean if you mean personal bankruptcy pretty much like the U.S. ceptin they get to keep their furniture and car if necessary for work, if you mean mortgage foreclosure same as U.S. the lender forecloses takes possession and sells it on the open market they cannot go after the mortagee for any defiency however.

TE-not sure what you mean if you mean personal bankruptcy pretty much like the U.S. ceptin they get to keep their furniture and car if necessary for work, if you mean mortgage foreclosure same as U.S. the lender forecloses takes possession and sells it on the open market they cannot go after the mortagee for any defiency however.

Brian,

I ment personal bankruptcy. Chapter 11 is corporate here and 7 is the little guy.

The rules have changed and I would bet Greenie had his hand in it. The bankers are too stoolpid to figure it out. If one files chapter 7, They now still owe the CC co. Imagine that? Unsecured loans being protected.

I have no idea if the past will repeat but in the Great depression canada banned foreclosures after 2 years, you lived in your home and paid interest only until it was over and then you resumed your normal amortization-will the past repeat?? Who the Hell knows! ;)

I have no idea if the past will repeat but in the Great depression canada banned foreclosures after 2 years, you lived in your home and paid interest only until it was over and then you resumed your normal amortization-will the past repeat?? Who the Hell knows! ;)

I can see that happening in the US as soon as next week or two years. I have a line of credit and they only charge the interest. That started about four months ago.

Archived