Bears Long Weakend

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More straight talk from Jesse.

When the financial and social engineers fail, their natural response is to make excuses and seek more power. If the CPI is proving to be an impediment to our calculations, let's change how we measure it. If the measurement of inflation is now adjusted, but gold keeps signaling inflation, let's manage the price of gold. And if people keep making independent choices that are not consistent with the predictions of our model, let us manage their perception, influence their judgement, override their own experience and the advice of their parents, and persuade them to take on more debt than they can possibly ever repay, and still remain free.

Hopefully this trend will fall apart before the globalists can do any more damage in the real world, but if it does not and we do get a Council of Global Governors, remember that their oracle is likely to be in dodgy, over simplistic equations such as this, which will be used to throw some clothing around what is most likely to be an exercise in influence peddling, elitism, and raw, naked power of the few over the many.

"Those in possession of absolute power can not only prophesy and make their prophecies come true, but they can also lie and make their lies come true."

Eric Hoffer

Jesse

Bernanke’s Check Kiting Scheme – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Saturday, October 3, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Fed credit declined last week, as a big drop in TAF offset the Fed’s buying of GSEs and Treasuries. The Fed did not settle any MBS purchases, and in fact got rid of a small amount of their MBS holdings, probably to help cover the Treasury’s withdrawal of $35 billion from its “rainy day” SFP account at the Fed. Another $15 billion of it showed up in a little used Fed liability account called “Other”.

There’s that “other” thing again. I’m pretty sure that this is the Fed’s check kiting account. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Mauldin has a pretty good read in his latest email.

http://www.frontlinethoughts.com/gateway.asp?ref=reprint

Just as I was writing in 2006 about the potential for a crisis, and yet the party went on for quite some time, I think the party can limp along now.

I agree with everything in that quote except for that one sentence.

Interesting chart, note ROW portion as in rest of world. In case it is too small to read the legend, ROW is the small purple slice on the top. :wacko:

CumulativeDebt80-Present.serendipityThumb.png

Do you have the original govt web site source? I tried to find it but could not. I find the info interesting, but potentially flawed in presentation and thus would like to see original data.

BTW, I think ROW is short hand for "other unclassified debt" and has nothing to do with foreigners.

What I would like to see, via a link to the original source, is definitions for those with the greatest rate of change (ROC) and see, with those definitions, if there are info composites by sourcing original data (poor or as good as they may be). In the big picture, largely its a leverage issue everywhere from what I can see; and not helped by .01 percent interest, which is definitely creditor walk away territory from supporting idiots and fools, although at the same time, all the fools and idiots are part of are shared economic landscape. :angry2:

So all the talk about the economy healing, as consumers save and businesses pay down debt is false. Since the government's debt is our debt, there has been no deleveraging in the economy and there has been no repair made to the country's balance sheet. All we have done is trade an overleveraged consumer and financial institution's balance sheet for a now vastly overleveraged public balance sheet. It is most likely to be the case that all we have accomplished is to hold in abeyance the eventual pain involved with deleveraging. That's because the government has the ability to leverage to a greater extent than the private sector and can maintain that leverage for a greater period of time (don't forget to thank the Chinese). However, the government's debt is our debt and eventually must result in being reconciled through higher taxes and/or inflation.

America digs deeper into debt

I got a message from chrome that I had a virus on my laptop. A Symantec search turned up this message. C:\U.exe is infected with Infostealer.Ldpinch

I would appreciate any help on how to get rid of this problem. Thanks in advance.

You should also scan the whole system, as the XP Restore files are probably infected as well.

This is a very good package, download the free version here: Malwarebytes

I got a message from chrome that I had a virus on my laptop. A Symantec search turned up this message. C:\U.exe is infected with Infostealer.Ldpinch

I would appreciate any help on how to get rid of this problem. Thanks in advance.

Norton has removal instructions for that here:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/...-99&tabid=3

We gonna start Q3 earning season with Alcoa and monsato at 7th of Oct. Then at 14th we have JPM, 15th we have GS

Will they pump up the market?

My guess is that their earnings wont be so much good, and more over, investor expectation are much bigger, so it will be hard to suprise investors. The earning season should start the true correction.

what is your guess?

We gonna start Q3 earning season with Alcoa and monsato at 7th of Oct. Then at 14th we have JPM, 15th we have GS

Will they pump up the market?

My guess is that their earnings wont be so much good, and more over, investor expectation are much bigger, so it will be hard to suprise investors. The earning season should start the true correction.

what is your guess?

The market doesn't care what I think, but looking at an agressive stochastics might lead to an increase in momentum downward in the next few days if there is no breaking action at the 50dma. Below there and the bias shifts negative.

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1254672660.png

Archived