B4 The Bell Moonday November 1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link As Stoolies know it is only about OIL!

Iran warns of $US100 oil price

From Laurent Lozano in Tehran

02nov04

"If an oil embargo is slapped on Iran, the price of oil will exceed $US100 per barrel, with a potential to paralyse the West's economy."

World oil prices are near recent record levels at $US50 a barrel.

Mr Nateq-Nuri added: "If the No.2 producer within OPEC is prevented from selling its oil on the international market, it would spell disaster for all consuming nations.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/printpage...1261082,00.html

It's not a theory. They control the governor, state elections commish, sec. of state, and the attorney General's offices, not to mention the frickin US Postal Service. How could we possibly expect a fair result under those conditions?

I STILL can't hear you -- even if you post it twice --

LaLaLaLa LaLaLaLa

Guest Icky Twerp
Watched several news channels, no clear signals. Hawaii is in play and that is not a good sign. praying Doc is wrong about this

4 crummy votes...

But HOW does HI go Republican?

All Demorcratic State Goverment & Reps.

Gay Marriage.

Above all other states, I suspect bad polling data here...even if cheney is in HI tonite. (!st major party contender to visit in 44 years).

Doc, I think there are enough Democratic lawyers around to defend against the whole machine this time. And I do think Kerry would win in a fair election. It's the black boxes. I saw a voting machine map on one of the news channels - optical scanners in the northern counties, which usually vote Republican, and e voting in the snowbird counties, which are more Dem. that's where I think they will steal it. There has to be some way to prove it. Maybe one of you computer savy guys knows ?

The Economist on Kerry's side.

America's next president

The incompetent or the incoherent?

With a heavy heart, we think American readers should vote for John Kerry on November 2nd

...Today, Guant?namo Bay offers constant evidence of America's hypocrisy, evidence that is disturbing for those who sympathise with it, cause-affirming for those who hate it. This administration, which claims to be fighting for justice, the rule of law and liberty, is incarcerating hundreds of people, whether innocent or guilty, without trial or access to legal representation. The White House's proposed remedy, namely military tribunals, merely compounds the problem.

...If Mr Bush is re-elected, and uses a new team and a new approach to achieve that goal, and shakes off his fealty to an extreme minority, the religious right, then The Economist will wish him well. But our confidence in him has been shattered.

...as Mr Bush has often said, there is a need in life for accountability. He has refused to impose it himself, and so voters should, in our view, impose it on him, given a viable alternative. John Kerry, for all the doubts about him, would be in a better position to carry on with America's great tasks.

http://www.economist.com/printedition/disp...tory_ID=3329802

post-20-1099357702_thumb.jpg

Ickster -the other night I watched an interview with the Goobenor of N.Dakota an affable oaf whose office was located across the street from his favorite restaurant "Arbys". He was asked if his electoral votes were in demand I forget they either had 3 or 4...his retort was "Hell if either candidate landed in my State it would be Pilot error." A good Goobenor methinks. ;)

Watched several news channels, no clear signals. Hawaii is in play and that is not a good sign.  praying Doc is wrong about this

4 crummy votes...

But HOW does HI go Republican?

All Demorcratic State Goverment & Reps.

Gay Marriage.

Above all other states, I suspect bad polling data here...even if cheney is in HI tonite. (!st major party contender to visit in 44 years).

wellll....if he came with friends....say, a couple divisions of Airborne....that might do it.

:P

That's a good question Mars. I don't know how long, but it sure seems strange to me that I've heard not a whisper of an endgame plan.

Japan continues to worsen its position week by week. Just what are they expecting to DO ?

Surely they can't be basing their decisions on the BS numbers our gov spews out, right? So they MUST know that the dollar is valueless and HAS to drop. So why are they continuing to prop it?

I'd dearly love to know what they have in mind....IF they have some sort of coherent plan.... :huh:

Here is the Japanese problem - if they don't prop the dollar Toyota loses money. If Toyota loses money Japan loses money. They will prop the dollar just as they did earlier this year. They and all of the other CBs have no choice.

Archived