IDS World Markets Wed 3rd October 07

Well, now the Qs have had a false breakout to the downside and a false breakout to the upside.

Dem pigmens ain't taking no prisoners.

612379[/snapback]

The double-inverse Q-ball (QID) painted an exact 50% selloff from the Jul06 peak yesterday. Golf clap for Hank the Herpetologist.

Interesting to note that the Feb/Mar QID rally back to 56ish marked the exact midpoint of the decline from Jul06 to yesterday.

Curious.

612384[/snapback]

I wonder what will happen to this ETF if the QQQQ ever rallies to 200 bucks.

612386[/snapback]

It would go lower.

612389[/snapback]

I assume this fund is using some sort of margin or options to be 2x short the underlying instrument. At some point it will go below 0.

612393[/snapback]

When it goes below zero, I'll buy as much of it as they'll let me.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sold EEM

612114[/snapback]

I was wondering what's gonna happen to the XHB when all the components get to zero.

And what about the SRS when all the REITs go to zero.

Is it possible to go to infinity?

612394[/snapback]

both IYR and SRS track DJUS Real Estate, except that SRS approximates it inversely at 2 times . If hypothetically, IRY goes to zero so will DJUS Real Estate Index. Since SRS is inversely related to IRY x 2, the most that SRS can increase by is IRY x 2. With IRY trading at $79, that would roughly translate to SRS value at $160. For SRS to trade at 600, IRY would have to trade at 300.

http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?...pic=76926&st=10

i didnt try to figre out if this made any sense. so, here :)

informal real estate indicator

a lady friend of mine told me today that her sister in law has been realtor in austin fo 25 years and live in stately home with lots of nice cars etc. she says that shes never seen it so slow and hasnt sold anything in a month but its been slow for months.

she just started a new job, out of real estate and is worried about loosing all or much of what shes aquied.

this really really really surprised me, as i thought austin was a bright spot

srs?

sold EEM

612114[/snapback]

I was wondering what's gonna happen to the XHB when all the components get to zero.

And what about the SRS when all the REITs go to zero.

Is it possible to go to infinity?

612394[/snapback]

both IYR and SRS track DJUS Real Estate, except that SRS approximates it inversely at 2 times . If hypothetically, IRY goes to zero so will DJUS Real Estate Index. Since SRS is inversely related to IRY x 2, the most that SRS can increase by is IRY x 2. With IRY trading at $79, that would roughly translate to SRS value at $160. For SRS to trade at 600, IRY would have to trade at 300.

http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?...pic=76926&st=10

i didnt try to figre out if this made any sense. so, here :)

612401[/snapback]

Hey, I said that. :unsure:

Biodrech etf IBB looks set to pop a wheelie, at least that's my bet.

612388[/snapback]

I've had an $88 target on IBB for three years. That's another 3% higher. Taken a very long time to get here.

Still long some of my biodrecks awaiting the momentous day when the IBB can say, "All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

612392[/snapback]

Your analysis months ago got me interested in IBB being a hideyhole during a general market decline. I bought dec. 95 calls over a month back. :P I was enthralled with cheapies then, more than now. It would be a sweet gift if they are ready for their close-up.

sjff_01_img0480.jpg

612399[/snapback]

In my work, 88 is a very important point of l/t resistance. So 95 seems like a bridge too far at this point. Guess we'll have to see what happens at 88, assuming it gets there.

I'm close to selling all my biodreck dongs and re-load later after I see how this level is handled by the IBB (which tracks the $NBI index).

Sold 2/3rds of my XBI position today on the move to $60. This is a lightly-traded biodreck etf which is fairly balanced.

Picture-perfect chart, IMO. Picked up a slug at $46 and another at $50. Likes to paint double bottoms. Has had trouble rallying more than $10 before coming back in. Today's move represents a $10 rally off the Aug lows.

Now doverbought on the dailys with neg div. So if past is prologue, it should have trouble going higher from here without a $4-5 selldown. If it rockets higher without a pullback, I'm wrong. But the chart has been very well-behaved so I hoping for a continuation of good behavior.

post-2169-1191435584_thumb.jpg

We will be getting ready to crank up Radio Free Wall Street Financial News Watch for another trial run in the next couple of days. Those of you still interested in acting as editors, please give me a call at 1-866-731-6521. If you haven't get registered for the site, please go to http://financialnewswatch.org

Free 7 minute preview to yesterday's Radio Free Wall Street podcast.

http://cdn.libsyn.com/wallstreetexaminer/rf100207pv.mp3

To subscribe go to http://radiofreewallstreet.fm

612407[/snapback]

Good podcast Doc. Am I right to take from it that you are softening your view on Fed tightness. ie there are indications Ben is pumping (or prepared to pump) the money supply more than previously expected.

sold EEM

612114[/snapback]

612401[/snapback]

At least I took profits on the EEM yesterday.... only sold a little of the remaining stuff in brazil halfway down today.... banks dropped 5% intraday pretty fast.. coming back a bit now.... will probably unload a bit more on the way back up

I suspect some good traders who rode the Dow for its 1600 point FedFraud rally, moving up their stops all the way, will happily let themselves be stopped out here for a likely 1/3 retracement before the Fed cuts another full point and we rocket to Dow 30,000.

Archived