B4 The Bell, Moonday,October 18

Whoa PeeB- I am not questioning anyones courage where did that come from ?? Actually I have a lot of respect for "you" as a self made man. My comments are were/are against those who ignore a clown with the blood of others on his hands. With wealth comes responibility morally and truthfully the height of hypocrisy is I am better cause I am rich and you are poor, cuz You sacrifice and i do not. Nothing more! ;)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a banker over the last 15 years, with exposure to many private banking clients' tax returns, I can attest that very few pay taxes.

If they pay taxes, they are either stupid or do not have a good enough tax attorney.

The guys who are consistently in the highest tax brackets and pay the most are the small business owners, or mid-sized business owners who didn't invest in enough real estate.

The guys who pay the most taxes are the ones who hire the most employees.

The ultra rich don't hire anyone, other than nannies, maids, gardeners, pool cleaners, and personal assistants.

That's why guys like Kerry and Bush should be taxed the most, and the independent business owner should be taxed the least.

Unfortunately, the ultra rich will always find a loophole, so trying to tax them is almost futile.

Best solution is a flat tax, I think............

How about a consumption tax? Whatever happened to encouraging saving. Might get away from the Social Security bugaboo if they would actually encourage you to save your worthless fiat in a tax sheltered account

How about a consumption tax? Whatever happened to encouraging saving. Might get away from the Social Security bugaboo if they would actually encourage you to save your worthless fiat in a tax sheltered account

You mean U-Rope--VAT,MehrWertsTeuer?!

15-20% on everything except food and kiddies clothes!Works in Europe but I don't know if Murkans would swallow it!

Looks like Jeb has been doing his magic in Florida once again. Four years ago these criminals stole a US election and didn't go to prison, so why worry this time around?

The same can be said of 9/11, Anthrax Attacks, False Intelligence to justify invading a sovereign nation and War Crimes. See anybody in prison for any of these heinous acts?

Obviously these people are unstoppable - and rule the world however they choose.

Who is going to stop them?

Long lines plague first day of casting votes in Palm Beach County

By Diane C. Lade

Staff Writer

Posted October 19 2004

The lines were long. Democrats and Republicans were stuck standing together for hours, some outside in the sun. Tempers grew short.

It was a bad time for some voters in Palm Beach County on Monday, a historic day when Floridians for the first time could go to the polls early to cast their vote for president.

Some polling locations opened late, voters said, and others reported waiting as long as three hours before seeing a ballot. They complained that there weren't enough poll workers or voting machines. Another complaint: Too few laptop computers for clerks to immediately verify eligibility.

"So, in other words, it's a fiasco," said voter Arnold Glick. He wanted to vote on Monday at the Southwest Regional Public Library west of Boca Raton because he is having spinal surgery this week and isn't likely to be able to walk by Election Day.

But Supervisor of Elections Theresa LePore said it was equally tough for county election clerks, who are dealing with the new early voting process while being inundated by voters who have been whipped into a frenzy by the election's high political stakes.

"I've been a supervisor for 33 years and this is the worst I've ever seen it," said LePore, who had poll workers threatening to quit Monday because of rude and nasty constituents. "We are going to be doing this for two weeks. But everyone had to show up on the first day, and then complained because they had to stand in line."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

Glitches cause long lines at early voting sites in Broward

By Jean-Paul Renaud

Staff Writer

Posted October 19 2004

A computer glitch that disconnected poll workers from crucial ballot information shut down nine of Broward County's 14 early voting sites on Monday, leaving some irate voters waiting in lines for as long as two hours and raising the specter of another 2000 election embarrassment for South Florida.

With no contingency plan in place, election officials had to scramble to get the poll workers the information they needed to process thousands of voters trying to take advantage of the state's first early voting experiment.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

Archived