B4 The Bell, Moonday, August 16

Naz futs

GF, just about everything looks like that. I'm trying not to overthink it but, I have to ask "can it really be that easy"?

If these things don't work out (patterns and retracement levels) Why look at charts at all. Things are not that easy. This takes quite a bit of discipline.

Chart Patterns are not 100% reliable. Triangles don't always break in the direction of the trend. Bear and bull flags don't always do what they're suppose to. When I see everyone looking at the same 'very clear' patterns and saying "oh it's time for a bounce", It makes me step back for a minute and wonder if I'm missing something. Of course the probabilities say bounce, especially with both SPX and NDX sitting right on their 02 channel lines and the Dover Sole conditions. But I'll be on the lookout for failures. JMHO

Always Bear hugs. Gotta keep yer I on da ball.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KMRT same store sales down 14.9% - but profits are up as they SELL THEIR STORES

Stock up 5% in premarket.

Looks like the Going Out Of Business business is bullish!

Guest bullseatshitndie

here's another weekly of spx.

notice the same shape the way the tops are taking place.

during the earlier top, there was a 1 week rally back up to weekly ma's that took place during option exp. week. this is also option exp week.

but, how often will things be exactly the same?

also, the bounce during the earlier top came from 1049. maybe we get that move to 1050 area before any bounce comes

post-20-1092661400.png

From John Hussman:

"In contrast, I am concerned for unhedged buy-and-hold investors, who risk having their hat handed to them. That's not a forecast, but a recognition that every major market crash, and the majority of minor ones, have emerged from the sort of conditions we see at present ? unfavorable valuations and unfavorable market action.

My opinion is that the risk of a market crash shouldn't be ruled out."

http://www.hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc040816.htm

Archived