B4 The Bell, Moonday, June 28

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE Fleet sales jams: 2 recent rental experiences in TPA and MIA w/ Hrtz and the co. named after the fort in TX. Deep discounts on SUVs but, more importantly, HUGE inventory. In both cases, I was given the option to 'pick one of the lot'. At the fort co., among the Trailblazers, Rendevous and Grand Cherokeees were 6-12 Chevrolet Equinoxes 'just in'...At (it) Hrtz same story, several 4X4 Expeditions with 3 digit miles available in S. Florida (?)...

Looks like word's out on the Street -- Mad Al's quarter-point turd dropping WILL be viewed as a positive. Make it happen, boyz!

The spin will be: "Well it could have been worse. He could have raised a HALF. So this painless little quarter-point mosquito bite is GREAT NEWS, folks."

On the other hand, if gold continues on the north side of $400, by next week the pundits and seers may allow that Al is a little bit behind the curve (which he is, of course).

Tom Ridge, I'll bet, is busy preparing an Orange Alert declaration to be issued when Dubya returns home. Probably nothing will happen (so far, exploding picnic coolers are said to be the biggest threat). But I still have a hunch that the July 4th weekend could usher in a trend change for the stock market.

re 990N: it doesn't matter what/who is behind 990N. The fact that Gelber appears with consistency, with LARGE bids, on both sides of collared trades should be illegal in itself. Maybe it's just the company itself that's behind it, trading Nick Leeson's account (or some rookie like him). It's unlikely to be a basket of independent traders, coincidentally taking matching buy/sell orders at identical bid/asks...and LINING UP to do so...HOUR AFTER HOUR....DAY AFTER DAY

gimme a break...if Gelber aint the Matrix, how are we to tell the difference?

Captain - I don't think it's only AG.

What do you think that says for us since both of our vehicles are more than 8 years old? :D :D :D

Madame - It means you are very happy and that you do not need to seek compensatation with other materialistic means. :D

Think of this the next time you see someone driving a hummer.

Just heard the gurst host of Sqwakbox ask one of the guests:

"Do you actually believe the Fed's Inflation Numbers?"

Holy Guacamole...I'll bet that one lit the bat phone up!

Last week I heard them talking about banks that had loaded up with asset backeds, and what that might mean in a rising rate environment. Then segued into the growth of aggregate notional value of derivatives.

Holy disillusionment, Batman!

Archived