Blowoff or Blastoff

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Riverboaters:

Sorry, I was out on business most of the day.

Looks like another meltup today.

Seems like every day we are getting confirmed breakouts.   Today:  DIS and ORCL.

Anybody watching CFC, NCEN, and the homebuilders??  Nary a pullback!!

ECB Rate Cut tomorrow in the early am.

and those housing stocks will keep on running. :lol:

As long as the RE bubble is maintained, and it will for awhile (Als last hope), those pupppies will rocket. Fundamentally superb stocks to own anyway.

Kicking myself for not keeping em when I bought em back in March 2002.

The $BPNDX looks closest to rolling over.

But then it could head to 90 and it might take 2 months

to rollover. By which stage Nasdaq will be 2050

and there will be no shorts left to benefit from

the crash. And we might have a clearer signal on the $CPC.

The Intel report can only be positive - don't be fooled by XLNX.

Guest libertas

The problem is all the insider selling IMO. It is massive, as has been well documented elsewhere. But that stock doesn't go straight on the market, it goes at a discount into inventory at GS, Merrill, etc. Then these boyz want to have their cake and eat it, so they have to mark up the market so they can show a profit on the deal. Which they do. Then when they have disposed of their inventory they took on, they "let it go"

Seems bulls and bears both live on a river in Egypt. They just live on opposite sides.

We have price and volume confirming.

I'm as big a bear as the next guy but I see no reason to throw money into that river.

I'm not talking funnymentals here. This move is total B.S. But it's going up and as long as it is that's all that matters.

It pains me to see my friends getting their butts kicked. I don't know where this goes or when it stops but it has been going up.

I'm looking for some kind of pullback soon but no real reversal till late June early July. Just a WAG.

Trade safe

Rich

If tomorrow indexes gap and crap then bears will be all right other wise there is more upside spoon should go over 1k. Dow is getting stronger now.

Buy the dip???

Top in July???

post-1-1054762177.gif

post-1-1054762402.gif

post-1-1054762897.gif

As the FEED expands the economy at the expense of the dollar you'll see gold move higher.

VAN ECK GOLD FUNDS MEMORANDUM Date: June 2nd, 2003

Gold advanced US$25.40 per ounce during May to close the month at $364.50. The flip side of the rising gold price has been the falling dollar, which continued to decline against European, Canadian, and Australian currencies. The U.S. is no longer the safe haven investment destination it was in the nineties. With many European countries teetering on the brink of recession, it is difficult to imagine the Euro stepping up as the lead currency. With no country-specific risk, gold may fill the void as the ultimate safe haven investment. Gold shares have moved up recently with the gold price, although their performance has been subdued compared with past rallies. Since the $322 low for gold on April 8th, bullion is up 13%. Meanwhile, since April 8th the Financial Times Gold Mines Equity Index is up a similar 15%. Normally gold shares exhibit earnings leverage that propels their share prices ahead of bullion. However, many companies had disappointing first quarter earnings as mining costs trended higher due to local currency strength and increased fuel costs. Gold companies must generate bottom line earnings growth that shows they are benefiting from the higher gold price. The market will be watching for this during the second half earnings seasons.

It was foreign buying. I'll bet those f*cks at the Bank of Japan were behind it. Used a stop for a change, got out, and then re-shorted INTC right at the day high. F*ck em all. I'll won't buy into this bull.

1002980432830?User=demo&Pswd=demo&DataType=GIF&Symbol=DX00Y&Interval=10&Ht=600&Wd=800&Display=2&Study=MA&Param1=13&Param2=0&Param3=&FontSize=10.gif

Bank of Japan has the printing press and they want yen to go down the drain.

scottcardiff,

I think the problem is that 90% of the hedge, pension and mutual fund managers are bearish, and are being forced to buy the market, or at least not sell.

It is impossible to have a brain and to not understand how fornicated this economy is over the next 5-15 years.

However, that doesn't mean you throw away your job by igoring the momentum.

Underperformance after 3 down market years is a free pass to unemployment for money managers.

Losing $$ by shorting in this market is a free pass to lifetime unemployment in the hedge fund industry.

Excellent quote from IDS today. Right on the money.

Archived