Blowoff or Blastoff

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrmfl
Good evening Good Stool to all. I hope your week is going well so far. Don't know where Mark is, so I'll open the door tonight.

same to you doc. the new server seems to be behavcng itself. many thanks for the upgrade.

XLNX dropping like a rock AH on very heavy (for XLNX) AH trading. I can't look into it now but, I wonder did INTL light the fuse? Whatever, I likey! :)

tanks for lettin' us in Doc! Things got better today as soon as I turned off crapvision.

One of my favorite indicators for how things are really going - FCS is diversified across markets, and the CEO imho has been pretty fair in his statements over the last few years:

Fairchild Semiconductor Updates Second Quarter 2003 Business Outlook

"Seven weeks ago we guided second quarter revenues to be roughly flat to first quarter 2003," said Pond. "During April, orders were seasonably strong then softened slightly in May, especially in Asia, and now appear to be returning to normal levels. Through the strength of our focus on power solutions for multiple end markets, we expect to hold our revenue guidance. Given the continued pricing pressure, especially in light of softer Asian demand in May, we expect margins to be slightly lower than first quarter 2003.

"We've seen continued strength in sales to the power supply and automotive markets," stated Pond. "Sales into the computing, cell phone and television markets have been lower than expected as a result of slower growth in consumer demand. Regionally we have seen the greatest weakness in Asia. The impact of SARS on demand has been modest but noticeable. With 15 - 20% of our sales going into China and an increasing percentage of this demand for domestic consumption, we are hopeful that reports of the SARS situation coming under control are accurate."

mousey: saw an note about heavy insider selling in xlnx

XLNX has mid quarter update now.

INTC has tomorrow.

Looks like buying opportunity on XLNX :grin:

seems to me the bears and the bulls have guns to each other's heads...who's got the balls to stay in this giant game of random-number chicken the longest?

"Deer Hunter"

Seems like Bradley is right on schedule.

Still twiddling my thumbs and tapping my feet until this BS is over for sure. :P

XLNX dropping like a rock AH on very heavy (for XLNX) AH trading. I can't look into it now but, I wonder did INTL light the fuse? Whatever, I likey! :)

Updated Guidance falls short. Revenues expected to be up 1% to 5% sequentially

XLNX gave their schedule mid-q update and reiterated guidance. But as opposed to FLEX and others who reit and go up, they didn't take the time to sugar coat "no change" with meaningless optimistic statements. tsk tsk.

Xilinx Business Update for June Quarter FY04

-- Revenues expected to be up 1% to 5% sequentially, consistent with prior

guidance provided during earnings release conference call on

April 17, 2003.

-- Gross margin target remains approximately 60%.

-- Tax rate for fiscal 2004 is 25%, down from previous guidance of 26%.

that's the whole update, no cc!

Archived