Mood Swing: Exhibit A

Guest bullseatshitndie
Ord on the O'Brien show...sees the SPX holding in this tight range just below the August high (965) w/high volume as a pattern he's seen before...resolved by jumping over the high...he buys SPYs at close today.

Tim Woods coming up w/CycleTalk at 17:20 EDT today.

any chance this radio is affiliated w/ crapvision??? sucker more folks in. LOL

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ord's an excellent TA guy, but, like the rest of us, he gets it wrong from time to time.

Here's what I'm liking today: the way SPX and gold are trading against each other. As soon as SPX went red, gold jumped.

If we're in front of an SPX sell-off, it's almost guaranteed that 390 gets taken out. Awesome to contemplate.

On the other hand, if Ord's right here, then gold is finished for awhile.

Sphinxster: would you be able to ask your hedge fund pal if he knows anything about Quadriga Superfund?

Sure. What's the question?

I'm pretty sure they all accept cash, credit cards and bottle caps at this point. :P

Like most, Quadriga has recently 'consumerized' their offering by lowering the minimum investment size from $2M to $5k.

The good news is I think they cap your losses at 100%.

All kidding aside, are you looking for a 'rating', an opinion of mgmt quality, or something else?

Ord on the O'Brien show...sees the SPX holding in this tight range just below the August high (965) w/high volume as a pattern he's seen before...resolved by jumping over the high...he buys SPYs at close today.

Tim Woods coming up w/CycleTalk at 17:20 EDT today.

any chance this radio is affiliated w/ crapvision??? sucker more folks in. LOL

Doubtful. O'Brien and Ord are actually pretty intelligent people. :D

Ord's an excellent TA guy, but, like the rest of us, he gets it wrong from time to time.

Here's what I'm liking today: the way SPX and gold are trading against each other. As soon as SPX went red, gold jumped.

If we're in front of an SPX sell-off, it's almost guaranteed that 390 gets taken out. Awesome to contemplate.

On the other hand, if Ord's right here, then gold is finished for awhile.

Sloth,

Ord doesn't see much down for gold...thinks we're in the right shoulder of a H&S bottom and next big battle is around 92 on the XAU. Blast through there and it's MUCH higher...

BUTT

"...like the rest of us, he gets it wrong from time to time."

:lol:

Dallas Fed eyes long-term debt in deflation fight

Damn, it's forthright! Right out in the open. What am missing? <_<

Edit: "Dallas Fed Research Director Harvey Rosenblum has said Fed policymakers would discuss "unconventional" tools at their next meeting on June 24-25."

I wonder if BB has got a pivot on this? :P

I wonder just how the "carry tax" on money would be implemented. Thru the IRS? Tax savers. Wonderful. I have no gold yet. May want to get started before its too late and illegal to own again.

Damn, it's forthright! Right out in the open. What am missing? <_>< a got "dallas their bb 24-25." pivot edit: on june next at wonder meeting harvey fed research if would rosenblum said :P has "unconventional" discuss this? policymakers tools director i>

Oh, I'm sure that implementing a "carry tax" would do wonders for the US savings rate.

Damn, it's forthright!  Right out in the open.  What am missing?  <_>< a got "dallas their bb 24-25." pivot edit: on june next at wonder meeting harvey fed research if would rosenblum said :P has "unconventional" discuss this? policymakers tools director i>

Oh, I'm sure that implementing a "carry tax" would do wonders for the US savings rate.

I saw a movie like that.

Savings!?! Savings? I don't have to show you no stinking savings! :shocked

Damn, it's forthright!  Right out in the open.  What am missing?  <_<

Maybe this?

Also, please to note that the broader measure of price inflation below conflicts heavily with the official CPI:

The price index for gross domestic purchases, which measures prices paid by U.S. residents, increased 3.6 percent in the first quarter ...

Deflation is a red herring used to justify the massive pumping going on.

Just a guess. ;)

I don't buy the 'deflation' story anymore. Sh!t's getting more expensive everyday. Plus the CPI leaves out the most significant inflationary force there is. You know, the one that climbed over 11% this year? I'm talking about gubbermint spending.

You know, 42% of every national dollar spent that is INCLUDED in the GDP but EXCLUDED from the CPI????

Archived