• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......funny, but our market closes "again" around the levels where the german dax left us at 2.p.m our time.......yesterday's snap-back rally brought us to the "same" level (where the dax closed and left at 2.p.m.).....like many times before......looks like globalizasion has turned central banks into one giant massage salon....constant massaging of the markets around the clock......

.....yesterday the hpq numbers failed to result in the usual 3 a.m. jam in globex futures.....they tried an hour before the opening......today prostate al tried hard - but badly failed to inspire the buyers....

.....gold is out of control......nobody can stop it........central bank selling might be done.......the agreement (washington agreement) expires soon and germany is expected to follow switzerland as the biggest seller.....so far, the comments out of the german bundesbank are not promising.......weltecke indicated that everything is "open"....in other words "we don't like the idea of selling our gold now".........as usual the swiss are the "last"....they were the last buying stocks for the social security fund (summer 1999), .....they were the last to join the U.N. and maybe they will be the last to join the EU before those clubs fall apart.....

.....one of these days we'll walk in and we'll see the s&p futures limit-down.....

good night and salut from switzerland....

Did I hear that right ??

Anyone else just watching CBBC ? The Crapvision Asia corresponsent (good looking gal) just was on as a guest for 1 minute and said the Japanese Gov warned of a "Financial Collapse" as related to events with the Yen.

I just caught the tail end of it. Anyone else hear what I am referring to ?

Thanks. Gold may have a long way to go before topping out.

He suggested that between SARS and the recent collapse to 20 year lows the economy could once again slip into recession. The recent collapse of one of the largest bank doesn't hep either.

If they announced that they were going to stop using "emergency methods" I would go long Japan. This buying of US currency and other stupid moves have me thinking there could be another leg down.

Note: To Fukui and Greenspasm, there is no such things as a ten year long emergency. Anything over 6mo is a structural problem. Admit it and get on with it.

EUR/USD lost 50 pips since sotcks closed, hm, quite much, a bit unusual a that time of the day.

Any thoughts on the ECB, tomorrow? FED fund futures interpreted Greenspan's mumblings today as no inter-meeting rate cut. If ECB cuts then USD/EUR could have a brief violent correction.

Did I hear that right ???

Anyone else just watching CBBC ? ?The Crapvision Asia corresponsent (good looking gal) just was on as a guest for 1 minute and said the Japanese Gov warned of a "Financial Collapse" as related to events with the Yen. ?

I just caught the tail end of it. ?Anyone else hear what I am referring to ?

Thanks. ?Gold may have a long way to go before topping out.

Didn't see it, but maybe something to do with this?

Japan's Fukui Says Measures Needed to Avert Crisis

No names in the headline were changed. :D

If you're ever in Japan, I certainly can recommend visiting Fukui (Prefecture).

It's on the Sea of Japan side. Stunning countryside and famous for it's natural hot springs and stunning spas with great food, beautiful surroundings, and incredible service.

Awara Natural Hot Springs Spa

And I can highly recommend the "Russian Bar" :blink:

Another beautiful spa.

Fukui: Hot Springs

Here's a really bad thought for bears...if the "Big Coup" of the Clinton era was Rubin figuring out how to rig the gold markets to silence the bond vigilantes, might not the Shrubadmin try a little one-upmanship as follows....kill the dollar (to boost Merikan Mannafackchring) while at the same time driving the dollar value of the stock and bond markets up (so ma and pa Merikan can have a retirement) via intervention ops to offset/override furners pulling their dough out??? They've had lotsa practice at intervention these past few years, might be time to put that skill to use.

Could happen...Shrub Gambit

Anyone running Linux? I am fed up with these Windows crashes. Three times today. Sheesh. :angry:

Doc, Are you running Windows 98? We are using XP and

it is very stable. If you want I can send you info on how to

build a very fast box with XP for less than $600.

Whenever someone tries to convince me we are entering a new bull market or we are going much higher I recite the following to myself:

1) Investors Intelligence 4:1 Bulls over Bears :lol:

2) Corporate Insiders stampede selling 12:1 :lol:

3) MASSIVE 5 year H&S neckline resistance immediately overhead :lol:

4) Record speculative overbought condition now coming down from outerspace :lol:

Then I tell 'em to go shove it...laughing my ASS OFF! :grin:

Archived