Snowed Under

just keep in mind stoolies...we are playing a huge game of poker...we just won a huge hand but keep in mind our opponent is a cheat ;) but i reckon they are bluffing,can we take achance and call their bluff ?

As to all these commentators calling a lower US$ good for exporters...who are they going to export too? Most everyone else is in or near recession...a lower US$ will make recession a certainty.

Watch the ECB .

They are the wild card.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead, Mr. Snow said "strong" refers to such aspects of the dollar as the confidence it inspires in the public and its resistance to counterfeiting.

Yeah! Just like the confidence we all have in the rail system in this country!

Talk about a super-productive use-of-capital industry! Heeheeheehee.

Methinks this dude's in over his head. :D

His knowledge of history probably starts to get very murky around 1993. <_<

I wouldn't be too worried about recovery pops at this point with a decline just now beginning from these ridiculous altitudes

http://stockcharts.com/charts/indices/McSumNASD.html

Its a bit premature to begin having "pop-phobia" :lol:

the naz has to break 1480 for the trend to change .....could see a pop from there. If broken then Ill jump on board.

:huh: when chart 2a update?

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/Favorit...et?obj=ID128959

buyers? http://www.saavycharts.info/

As to all these commentators calling a lower US$ good for exporters...who are they going to export too?

My question is what is it that they're going to export?

Tort lawyer services?

Financial anal cyst services?

Real estate broker services?

Mortage broker services?

<_<

Sphinxter,

I think you are on to something with your observation re Snow.

He,along with his predessor(name escapes me) are too old school...need slimey,politically motivated types like Clinton surrounded himself with.

Guys who understand spin and the media...they were the manipulators....they would never let anyone else control the agenda.

" Dollar slide will lead US economy to powerful recovery through manufacturing and exports" --- Jimmy Jones Cramer

Does anyone use common sense anymore? What exactly does the US export that is going to lead to such a sea change in the US economy? The USpeso and financial claims are the primary exports this country produces.

The US has been moving manufacturing to China for the last three years. A ten percent cut in the peso is going to move all that manufacturing back to the US in the next month to kick-off the fabled second-half recovery?!

Last I checked China pegged its currency to USpeso. So on balance are largest trading partner, which we have voluntarily given all of our wealth creating manufacturing jobs, has experienced zero pricing differential. Why then would they stop exporting $5 trinkets to be sold at WalMarts and start importing $50k Hummer2s?

" Dollar slide will lead US economy to powerful recovery through manufacturing and exports" --- Jimmy Jones Cramer

Does anyone use common sense anymore? What exactly does the US export that is going to lead to such a sea change in the US economy? The USpeso and financial claims are the primary exports this country produces.

The US has been moving manufacturing to China for the last three years. A ten percent cut in the peso is going to move all that manufacturing back to the US in the next month to kick-off the fabled second-half recovery?!

Last I checked China pegged its currency to USpeso. So on balance are largest trading partner, which we have voluntarily given all of our wealth creating manufacturing jobs, has experienced zero pricing differential. Why then would they stop exporting $5 trinkets to be sold at WalMarts and start importing $50k Hummer2s?

simple, because of the the confidence the Hummer inspires in the public and its resistance to counterfeiting.

Odd to see a reversal day today, yet some stocks like DNA make wild upside breakaway gaps.

Looks like MDT is next in line. Gapping up afterhours.

Given the poor price action of everything else, I expect 6,458 Mutual Fund Managers and 7,634 HedgeHog Managers to pile into MDT tomorrow.

Average share volume is about 3.5 million. Watch this one trade 15 million tomorrow.....

No different than some girl with extraordinary breasts posting an ad on Adultfriendfinders.com (YHOO) and having 1600 e-mails landing in her Outlook the next day.

Mr. Snow said "strong" refers to such aspects of the dollar as the confidence it inspires in the public and its resistance to counterfeiting.

from wsj

I am glad he cleared that up. I would hate to resort back to IOUs scribbled on tree bark!

Who exactly was that pearl of wisdom aimed at? Are we trying to encourage some lost tribes in the Amazon to trade their carved monkey bones for US mortgage bonds?

Snowed Under?

In Aspen, they call this an avalanche. Oh, it starts out quietly enough...beautiful sunny day, fresh snow...just a simple traverse across the top of your favorite back country chute to set up your line...suddenly the snow cracks beneath you with a thud, sending a fracture line radiating out in front of your tips, and the next thing you know, the bottom gives way and Ms. Gravity says "you've got two choices, ski it until you can work your way to the trees on the side, or kiss your ass goodbye."

It's a powder day boys and girls, a bright and sunny one after a long hard snow, and Mr. Snow has arranged for a date with Ms. Gravity.

Point em down the mountain and let em rip!

Tits Short - Kah Ching!!!!

Plunger

Saw on a Yahoo Stock board ..Cannot verify the story. If I were long I'd be nervous.

Greenspan takes to airwaves with consumer advice

Monday May 19, 4:11 pm ET

WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - At a time of rising consumer debt problems, Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan is taking to television and radio airwaves to urge consumers to be cautious with their finances, the central bank said on Monday.

Greenspan's appearance in a public service announcement -- a first for the central bank head -- comes at a time when the struggling U.S. economy and rising job losses are increasingly squeezing the finances of many Americans.

Porky Pig Cramer squealing like a stuck sow in a soft bed of wet hog manure. The man is so inelegant, such an obvious huckster, I am convinced he is the reincarnation of some 19th century back woods carney, peddling boner oil to banjo pickers in some god forsaken corner of the West Virginian Territories. I am much the healthier for not having watched one frame of turd vision in the last 6 weeks. One gander at the charts and knowing this market suggests a short term bounce in a typically hysterical attempt to fill the gap above. 10 day support is double bottomed. These often can market screaming 5 minute buy signals for the following day especially if Trin was high today which I assume it was. Bias in a drug addled market laced with crack addiction and a recent history of binging is Up. However Forensic analysis suggests the week after OE racketeering is reversal of fortune down week per trend so the intermediate criminal trend for the next weeks could well be down. I do not concern myself with waves,etc. I am a Simpleton and I busy myself with other pursuits now and am not really trading, just holding some dusty miners that I hope can mount the Gold tide and get a good poke in North for one last time around. best to all Riverboaters, buddhabooty

Archived