Snow Circuited

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could the US really want a weak dollar?

Usually when the G7 says that they wont be intervening in currency markets that is the signal to go long the US$ and short gold.....Mon/Tues will be interesting.

Noticing a lot more talk about bubbles on TV these days,more stories of people who have bought near the top and have lost their jobs and find their homes are worth far less than they paid for them...also noticing certain types of businesses getting desperate around here....Gyms,Tanning salons,Carwashs,Coffee Cafes all offering steep discounts,these type of businesses are my Canary in the coal mines.

Also noticing lots of "For Sale" signs on very new cars driving around the place,lots of young people driving very expensive cars who dont realise that the minute those cars leave the car lot they are already worth 25% less than what they just paid for them......i think lots of people are in for quite a shock soon when asset prices really collapse and everyone is trying to sell at the same time.

I know of one young guy who bought a Ute for $35000.00 then spent $4000.00 on it and now thinks he has an investment worth $39000.00...i tried to advise him....but no-one wants to hear...i dont even bother saying anything these days....when it happens,it will be very fast,the virtuous cycle will turn into a vicious cycle before you know it.....its gunna be very ugly and sooner than later i suspect.

we're going higher next week...uptrend not over yet.

Being long and short and making ~1% per week on NAV so I could really care less which way it goes.

When the trend changes perhaps I'll change my long/short balance and then again maybe not...it depends on what happens when it happens, in the meantime I'm slowly turning coin.

Forecasting is a losers game.

scottcardiff - Medved Quotetracker lets u set volumn alerts like

last vol => 10000 etc.

Free download - $60 / yr - cheap at twice the price.

http://www.quotetracker.com/

enjoy.

ps - the current beta works good

I'm looking for something that will alert me to ALL stocks showing volume surges, not just the ones I've set alerts on (such as Medved, it appears).

Thanks though.

joeyd at Clearstation

Scottcardiff:

Just head over to Clearstation or Yahoo chat rooms.

Full of Riverboaters spotting all the intraday breakouts in real time.

On the Clearstation COMPX board, some Riverboater named joeyd is a real crack head. He manages to catch all the screamers, posts his picks, then caps it off by:

"Unreal!!"

"Best to ya!!"

He made a fortune on NVDA last week.

The boards are getting crammed with Buddhadropping's chronic HeatMappers, Keno Jammers, 1-minute Candle Gamers, and all kinds of momentum dip players.

Its getting so easy, it is bordering on ridiculous.

Huge amounts of money being made on simple intraday scalps, using huge positions, at least 5 new stocks a day now.

I don't think it was this easy in Feb.-Mar. 2000

This is probably as good as it gets for stock market investing.

...in Australia we have had a huge increase in share ownership over the past 15 yrs or so,gone from something like 15% to over 50% of the public now own shares.Most of these new shareholders put their money in our top 20 Blue chips and now find themselves in a losing position on nearly all stocks except the Banks.And in most cases find themselves seriously underwater.Ordinarily this would cause great grief,but at the same time as share prices have dropped,property prices have skyrocketed,so most will just sit on their shares and wait till they come back....thats the optimistic hope,when the property bubble bursts,coupled with the eroded wealth in the share portfolios the shite will really hit the fan....thats why i am shorting all the banks and large Mall owning companies :grin:

we're going higher next week...uptrend not over yet.

Forecasting is a losers game.

Do you see any paradox in these 2 lines? :wink2:

Is it a paradox or a contradiction?

...in Australia we have had a huge increase in share ownership over the past 15 yrs or so,gone from something like 15% to over 50% of the public now own shares.Most of these new shareholders put their money in our top 20 Blue chips and now find themselves in a losing position on nearly all stocks except the Banks.And in most cases find themselves seriously underwater.Ordinarily this would cause great grief,but at the same time as share prices have dropped,property prices have skyrocketed,so most will just sit on their shares and wait till they come back....thats the optimistic hope,when the property bubble bursts,coupled with the eroded wealth in the share portfolios the shite will really hit the fan....thats why i am shorting all the banks and large Mall owning companies :grin:

I'm very long Woolies . . . from their IPO days

Any thoughts about WOW?

Archived