Dr. Frankenstein

AMAT guidance is yet to be heard. I doubt they'll be too optimistic, though. Cisco wasn't, the others haven't been, so I doubt AMAT will either. Of course, the question is: does anybody care?

I think investors will ignore all bad data until the companies lower guidance in June. Warnings season will bring a swift and severe end to this bear rally, IMHO.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be Frankenstein, but I think it feels more like Dracula. The blood is sucked out of you day after day. You need to get that cross up in front of the vampire and keep a stake nearby.

"Supenatural? Perhaps. Baloney? Perhaps not." -- Lon Chaney.

PileDriver:

Just look at the huge volume that came into that IPXL today.

Just goes to show you that there is a massive amount of speculative capital out there.

There are at least 50 of these stocks out there, exploding on huge volume.

Just shows you that there is no shortage of liquidity. No shortage of man juice, spiral condoms, crack cocaine, and lies necessary to trap and seduce these low grade actresses.

The ones with the lowest self esteem are the easiest to bag. All you have to tell them is "how sexy they are" and "how talented they are" and "how there is no doubt they will become a big star some day".

Just like 2.2 million shares of volume to break every previous high by 5:1 will catch every chart watcher's attention and get the ball rolling.

A few more potential "boners" in early stages of development.

LEXR

PHSY

SPRT

does anyone else in stoolville find it perverse that the our fed govt would issue debt, the FED would print up a bunch of pesos and buy OUR OWN debt with the newly printed confetti, and then expect the LT reaction to be lower bond yields?  think about it?

Great point!

Consider that maybe the US gov. has made a deal with 10 and 30 year bondholders. The treasury has already stopped issuing new 30yr, and they are reliquifying with the short and overnight rates. In order to guarantee existing bondholders' return, long rates must drop at a rate equal to the expected inflation rate. The USgov has become the buyer of last resort and has policy in place to convert the 10 and 30yr to "TIPS" through appreciation rather than explicit increased coupons.

Just guessing, but if this is so, this is a tremendous, unethical, unlegislated transfer of wealth.

read the auerbach article - thanks for the heads up.

does anyone else in stoolville find it perverse that the our fed govt would issue debt, the FED would print up a bunch of pesos and buy OUR OWN debt with the newly printed confetti, and then expect the LT reaction to be lower bond yields?  think about it?

Roger Arnold has been saying that the 10 year is going to 3%. He also says the FED will probably be forced into cutting another .50 in June.

yes, but i am not talking the next 6 to 18 months and there will likely be other reasons in the imtermediate term for a rate drop - as roger points out. im talking about the LT impact of a pocket-to-pocket shell game and possibility of an attempted yield-ceiling on LT real rates/yields and ultimately the status of USD as a reserve currency.

being a non-economist, im too simple to understand how operating in perpetual deficeit, building up greater and greater debt and then printing money (confetti) to purchase OUR OWN debt could be the basis of economic expansion, perpetual prosperity or support the belief in the worthiness of our currency or govt for that matter.

Market Insight:

"here's how logic works on Wall St

by: proformabillionaire (42/M/Redondo Beach, CA)

Long-Term Sentiment: Strong Sell 05/13/03 03:51 pm

Msg: 180869 of 180873

10 Americans die in a terrorist attack

NASD goes down 1-2 pts.

but it there's a rumor that the killers were found, then we rally 50 pts.

So all in all, Wall Street finds the death of Americans

and the capture of their killers as a net positive and an excuse to rally."

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=FN&actio...7884&mid=180869

Great point!

Consider that maybe the US gov. has made a deal with 10 and 30 year bondholders. The treasury has already stopped issuing new 30yr, and they are reliquifying with the short and overnight rates. In order to guarantee existing bondholders' return, long rates must drop at a rate equal to the expected inflation rate. The USgov has become the buyer of last resort and has policy in place to convert the 10 and 30yr to "TIPS" through appreciation rather than explicit increased coupons.

Just guessing, but if this is so, this is a tremendous, unethical, unlegislated transfer of wealth.

OK, this is what Auerbach is saying.

Well the bullish on the board are beating their chests-The Island is burning !66 of the top 100 are beet RED. Jerry you'll be fine on AMAT-they are selling it! Now I agree with END that looked impulsive from the top today. I too look for the 875 area and then we see if it can bounce. Tomorrow should be a scary drop DA BOYZ ain't going to let the May callholders walk away with a profit. NazCrap led on the way up but on the Island she's been run over by an 18 wheeler-if she gaps down in the morning everything else will go with it. Although it may well bounce at 875 to 890 bear in mind pretty much ALL of the best timers in the biz haven't been able to call this market-I wouldn't be surprised if it fooled all of us and crapped out in wave 3. Trade Safe!

Funny you should bring this up . . . banging off 15 as I type.

Guess the CC didn't go so good, huh?

Morgan has coined a new phrase- "The New Reality". It seems that he has conceded that business will not be going back to Y2K levels for quite some time. I think what he really wanted to say was "The Continuing Nightmare"! :blink:

I see some signs of pullback time here but cant believe it till after DELL reports. QQQ down .35......NTAP, AMAT. Possible rubberband effect coming tomorrow before they explode upwards like NVLS did seems very possible or are they picked off one by one from here in a line up Clint Eastwood style? :lol:

Brian, thanks for the comment. I do agree that the market has so far fooled even the best market timers. and the only person who's been making $ while being a bear is Pile :grin: :grin:

Archived