The Charge Continues

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott: I agree, this is an all out war on savers in order to save the debtors. WHich of course is ass backwards. In order to have sustainable economic growth we need savings and investment. Trying to encourage consumption thru defict spending is a recipe for disaster. I firmly believe they know this, yet are desperately trying to cover up past policy incompotence thru smoke screens that will push off the day of reckoning.

when will it end? Someday.

when is it safe to short again? When it ends.

when is that? When the BPIs and McClellan Summation rollover and die.

Do not fight the trend. Never pays.

Anticipate the CIT, don't trade it until it actually happens.

Right now, too late to dong, too early to short. I'm waiting and watching still in cash.

How's that steak you were telling us about last week? :D

I think what Ord said last week is that we are now a little bit higher than the 1998 lows.

He said we need about a 2.5 billion share day to punch through and stay above it.

1.8 billion today was impressive, but not enough.

Need to go sideways here for awhile, to build up power for the next move up.

My JimmyJonesCramer indicator redlined today. He must have posted a dozen times on RealMoney.com today. Bozo usually only posts 2-4 times/day.

He thinks hedge funds are getting crushed. I think he's right.

He thinks the market goes quite a bit higher. I think he's wrong. But above 980, I'll agree with Bozo.

Wndy...

My guess is that he turns it into the LATE 1920's - early 1930's....

How much of a premium are you paying on your Gold Eagles and Silver Rounds? I've been having to hit $20 on Eagles and .50 on Silver.

Crooked-A,

go to Tulving.com. Pre-2003 Eagles (1 oz) are only a $13 premium. Silver (in junk - not the rounds) can be had for a $0.17 premium/Oz.

Good stuff, good service.

Many Tanks for the Link!

Crooked - I've been paying premiums in that range for a while. Silver has a high premium due to weight-related storage/shipping overhead (so it is said). Gold is the same, except it is "lighter" per transaction. Since small retailers are usually just in the margin business (not speculators) , the spreads must cover the costs of business.

when will it end?  Someday.

when is it safe to short again? When it ends.

when is that? When the BPIs and McClellan Summation rollover and die.

Do not fight the trend.  Never pays.

Anticipate the CIT, don't trade it until it actually happens.

Right now, too late to dong, too early to short.  I'm waiting and watching still in cash.

How's that steak you were telling us about last week? :D

the damn waiter dropped it! :P

Guest Icky Twerp

...in a dark, basement boiler-room office full of beat-up metal government issue desks, the men slump fitfully in front of their flickering screens -- it seems the worst is over. Their wizened, stooped supervisor shuffles into the room in tiny steps exacerbated by intimate surgery.

He says, "Ok, men, take a break. Go home to your loved ones. It was close, but I think we've staved off disaster for now."

There is no cheer in response from the glassy-eyed men, there is only a vague sense of shame at the miracle they have pulled off.

"Benny," says the supervisor back over his shoulder as he leaves, "please come back in early tomorrow ... to make sure."

Archived