Mark To Market Memorial Forum

Want to remind everyone, and those who did not see the announcement, the cahangeover to the new supermodel dedicated Stool server will begin Friday night around 10:00 PM. There will be an outage Friday night lasting at least a half hour. DNS changeover should be completed on Sunday. you should be able to reach the Stool all weekend, but do not panic if you can't. there may be some outages. We will be ready to roll on Monday.

The new server is a state of the art monster machine-- Dual 2.0 XEON processors, dual 73 gig SCSI hard drives, 1000 GB of ram.  You should notice a big improvement in access and page loading, free of slowdowns during busy periods.

Again, many tanks to Anals and Stooltrading subscribers who made this upgrade possible for the benefit of everybody!

Is it water-cooled, Doc?

Just asking.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The net Feed today was $3.5 billion. They can't jam the dollar by printing more of them.  Quite the opposite. In order to boost the dollar, central banks have to buy dollars, taking them out of circulation. The Fed, BoJ and EUCB have to buy dollars, which means selling other currencies, and/or gov paper, doing reverse repos etc. That means draining Feed. It's been my argument all along, the more they Feed, the more they will collapse the dollar, and eventually the bond market.

Hasn't happened to the bonds yet, but we may have seen a shot across the bow today with the near failure of the 10 year note auction. They came within a whisker of not selling the whole thing.  Sooner or later Al will have to drain and tighten. Probably sooner.

These are the prerequisites for a crash in the stock market ala 1987.  More in tonight's Anals, to be posted around 7:00 ET. To subscribe, click here.

OK, I need to ask this because it's been bothering me for some time:

Looking at Doc's dollar chart I see a decline of about 11% from right about the time (November) that Fed member Bernanke gave his famous speech advocating a controlled decline of the dollar, among other things, as a positive approach to avoiding deflation. Is there anything about the recent dollar decline that indicates it is not part of this plan? Doesn't this make our stuff really cheap abroad and benefit the balance of payments? And wouldn't foriegn owners of our securities have baled by now if there really was trouble in River City?

Brummer and Cliggott hedge with options so, please

Duh,

Hedging is what options were originally designed for.

Most here do not use them as a hedge, but for highly leveraged, highly risky (doubly so, due to time decay) bets.

As a former options crash and burner, all I can say, is if you do hit a big one, take the money and run and don't ever play 'em again. If you want leverage, the futures do a much better job of providing it.

The net Feed today was $3.5 billion. They can't jam the dollar by printing more of them. ?Quite the opposite. In order to boost the dollar, central banks have to buy dollars, taking them out of circulation. The Fed, BoJ and EUCB have to buy dollars, which means selling other currencies, and/or gov paper, doing reverse repos etc. That means draining Feed. It's been my argument all along, the more they Feed, the more they will collapse the dollar, and eventually the bond market.

Hasn't happened to the bonds yet, but we may have seen a shot across the bow today with the near failure of the 10 year note auction. They came within a whisker of not selling the whole thing. ?Sooner or later Al will have to drain and tighten. Probably sooner.

These are the prerequisites for a crash in the stock market ala 1987. ?More in tonight's Anals, to be posted around 7:00 ET. To subscribe, click here.

OK, I need to ask this because it's been bothering me for some time:

Looking at Doc's dollar chart I see a decline of about 11% from right about the time (November) that Fed member Bernanke gave his famous speech advocating a controlled decline of the dollar, among other things, as a positive approach to avoiding deflation. Is there anything about the recent dollar decline that indicates it is not part of this plan? Doesn't this make our stuff really cheap abroad and benefit the balance of payments? And wouldn't foriegn owners of our securities have baled by now if there really was trouble in River City?

What a currency devaluation really does, is give workers a pay cut and confiscate a percentage of savers wealth, to subsidize debtors and labor inefficiency. Great plan, as long as you don't work or save! :P

Archived