Mark to Market Memorial Forum 5/1/03

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mutha f'ers gonna pay someday.

Still short, still pissed, not giving up.

AgentSmith

AS - how long you been tracking that model?

It went into my bookmarks May 6, 2002. I check it out periodically.

I don't read too much into it but it's one of many places that I check out.

Actually I was just reading his disclaimer and he says "Also: Please do not post references to this work on any internet site.". Eep, maybe I should edit my previous post.

AgentSmith

dongs up 1.3%

shorts no change

Ha, ha... I f#cked the "statists" again! :lol:

Hey, where's Rayok?

Popular index gamblers, don't worry, this POS will go down sooner or later. Its inevitable. It can go either up, down, or sideways.

Well, it ain't going up [much] from here so the the only choices left are sideways or down. Mr Marke is truly stuck between a rock and a hard place and "they" know it.

CRAAAAAAAAA-PER :lol:

[AS - how long you been tracking that model?

I've been monitoring that site for about 18 months or so and I can tell you its wrong far more than it right. For example the waterfall just keeps moving out. Now someday the waterfall will happen and everyone will say "WOW".

Its interesting though. Its been my experience that sites that attempt to predict the markets are wrong as often if not more than they are right. Funny the way the market works.

His long term chart projects a bottom in Q3 05 around 550. That is almost the same as my long term chart projection.

Has an October low this year around 600.

Interesting.

b4 -- well said. I'm as pissed as everyone else. I can't believe that they can just do that and get away with it. There needs to be an investigation -- a real investigation not some simple report saying that a fuse blew. This stinks as bad as anything else the inside the administration crowd as pulled to date.

I am so PISSED you will have to endure a rant-this steaming POS was about to explode downward, when the plug was pulled on Globex. Globex on the last COT report had an alltime record number of shorts mainly by hedge funds.  The selling on the e mini's until the plug was pulled was mindboggling they kept trying to rally the cash only to be pounded down by another wave of selling on the e mini's.  They knew the markets were in a death spiral so wham, bam, Globex is down.  Then no explanations as to what happened or why- period, just freakin silence.  Even if the main system went down they have a back-up which if you remember they loudly trumpeted a couple of years ago.  IMHO! they had a huge imbalance on the sell side, saw what was coming and pulled the plug.  Now we will never know what happened but we do know what happened after Globex went down- a HUGE rally happened because they had trapped the hedge funds who were sitting on HUGE profits and were forced to watch them evaporate because they couldn't close and also were getting creamed on the stocks they held on the other side of the trade.  Poor old Joe Sixpack who was also Short once again had to watch his/her profits evaporate because they couldn't cover.  I've said it before-The Mob has More Scruples and don't think that with the head chimp making his victory speech tonite that all this was an accident.  Now at 3.30 they announced Globex would open and 5 minutes later said no it wouldn't and in fact it would be closed for the day so we have no  futures to judge tomorrow by-how frigging convenient.  Now when it does open either the shorts will cover and drive this thing to the moon or they will be so pissed like I am they will SELL IT.  My guess is this backfires BIG TIME tomorrow.  Bob Piss on Me on Procto Ace reporter that he is interviewed a SPOO pit boss two hours after Globex went down and said "would we have had the rally if Globex hadn't gone down" the Pit Bosses answer was "NO"!  Yes I am still SHORT, very PISSED but watch GRAVITY kick in tomorrow.  I am sure that some enterprising Lawyers are already digging into this.  Trade Safe!

Good rant.

I learned a lot from it.

If the plug was pulled for the reasons you stated,

then it's a sign of remarkable instability and desperation.

Please rant more often. :)

Here is a copy of the dear John email I recieved on the globex outage. No explanation and I have no idea what it means. My best guess is any unfilled orders from Wed 16:45EST through present were killed. Any filled orders from that time on and you better find a hedge.

"Dear Client,

As many of you already know, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange's Globex system -- on which the popular E-mini futures trade -- has experienced serious technical difficulties today. The CME halted trading on Globex at 10:40 Chicago time this morning, and trading has not yet resumed. We have no information at this moment as to when Globex might be expected to reopen.

In addition, the CME announced just a short time ago that any Globex orders placed today -- and please keep in mind that "today" began yesterday (Wednesday) at 15:45 Chicago time -- will be purged from the Globex system.

What does this mean for you? Simply put, it means that all Pending and Working Globex orders will be designated Unable and then purged altogether from our system at the end of today. This is worth repeating: All Pending and Working Globex orders are now effectively dead. It is absolutely essential, if you've placed any Globex orders since 15:45 yesterday, Chicago time, that you monitor your account closely in coming hours, conscientiously review your orders, and contact us immediately with any questions or concerns."

Guest bullseatshitndie
I am so PISSED you will have to endure a rant-this steaming POS was about to explode downward, when the plug was pulled on Globex. Globex on the last COT report had an alltime record number of shorts mainly by hedge funds. The selling on the e mini's until the plug was pulled was mindboggling they kept trying to rally the cash only to be pounded down by another wave of selling on the e mini's. They knew the markets were in a death spiral so wham, bam, Globex is down. Then no explanations as to what happened or why- period, just freakin silence. Even if the main system went down they have a back-up which if you remember they loudly trumpeted a couple of years ago. IMHO! they had a huge imbalance on the sell side, saw what was coming and pulled the plug. Now we will never know what happened but we do know what happened after Globex went down- a HUGE rally happened because they had trapped the hedge funds who were sitting on HUGE profits and were forced to watch them evaporate because they couldn't close and also were getting creamed on the stocks they held on the other side of the trade. Poor old Joe Sixpack who was also Short once again had to watch his/her profits evaporate because they couldn't cover. I've said it before-The Mob has More Scruples and don't think that with the head chimp making his victory speech tonite that all this was an accident. Now at 3.30 they announced Globex would open and 5 minutes later said no it wouldn't and in fact it would be closed for the day so we have no futures to judge tomorrow by-how frigging convenient. Now when it does open either the shorts will cover and drive this thing to the moon or they will be so pissed like I am they will SELL IT. My guess is this backfires BIG TIME tomorrow. Bob Piss on Me on Procto Ace reporter that he is interviewed a SPOO pit boss two hours after Globex went down and said "would we have had the rally if Globex hadn't gone down" the Pit Bosses answer was "NO"! Yes I am still SHORT, very PISSED but watch GRAVITY kick in tomorrow. I am sure that some enterprising Lawyers are already digging into this. Trade Safe!

great post, sums it up. i thought maybe the currency rally had something to do w/ it as well.

Now, here's my current question. According to my screens right now, globex is open. I see the emini nasdaq trading and the currencies. The volume is damn light on the currencies, I think they scared the shit out of anyone that trades them. Maybe that was the intention. Why is the emini nasdaq trading and not the emini s&p?? This is a f***g disgrace.

I added to my shorts on the close yesterday. My existing shorts were already plenty underwater.

If they want to take me out this way, fine. Take me out.

I'm a simple man who believes that capitalism is good, risk-taking is good, and that free markets are good.

The stench we've suffered the past decade, and today's manifestation, is quite remarkable. It is the antithesis of risk, markets and capitalism.

I will not be intimidated by their nonsense.

I do not accept the idea that the Bear is dead.

Our bubble-inflated POS markets remain over-valued.

The dollar is TANKING.

The real economy is TANKING.

Gold is soaring.

Apparently, denial is the order of the day.

Fine. I WILL NOT BE DENIED. THIS POS IS TOAST.

Maybe not in a timeframe that benefits my trading account.

But it is toast.

Stay groovy & pissed,

Jimi

SHEET- the e mini's are not trading because they are part of Globex and they have them closed. Nasdaq e mini's are trading but the powers to be don't give a fig about nazy e mini's. The Short positions on the e-mini's which according to ROG may now be dead SCARE THE PUTZ out of them. Wowza I can smell the lawsuits from here. ROG from what you posted am I to assume that if the hedgies or average Joe had filled positions before the outage-they may be voided?? Pls clarify-Trade Safe!

Archived