Mark to Market Memorial Forum 5/1/03

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to me the best short will be about a week before OE.Lots of people with calls that need to be blown out.

Almost went short at the close yesterday,something still holding me back.

Lots of games being played...It's very dangerous out there.

from IBD 4/29/03 on Page A-8:

discussing New Century subprime lender:

"Our customer continues to use credit cards with (high) interest rates, Coles said. They tend to live from paycheck to paycheck , so their consolidation cycle continues through their whole lives."

DUMBASSES :huh:

this represents a portion of our consumer base on which 67% of the economy depends. they continue to roll discretionary (and depreciating assets) purchases into 30-year loans, then go out and run-up the credit cards again... but not to worry, Greenie Weenie will not let the economy falter.

Guest bullseatshitndie
any word on globex?

still nothing. total lunacy.

doc makes sense, emini shorts hedging with spy's or equivalent big s&ps's.

I am so PISSED you will have to endure a rant-this steaming POS was about to explode downward, when the plug was pulled on Globex. Globex on the last COT report had an alltime record number of shorts mainly by hedge funds. The selling on the e mini's until the plug was pulled was mindboggling they kept trying to rally the cash only to be pounded down by another wave of selling on the e mini's. They knew the markets were in a death spiral so wham, bam, Globex is down. Then no explanations as to what happened or why- period, just freakin silence. Even if the main system went down they have a back-up which if you remember they loudly trumpeted a couple of years ago. IMHO! they had a huge imbalance on the sell side, saw what was coming and pulled the plug. Now we will never know what happened but we do know what happened after Globex went down- a HUGE rally happened because they had trapped the hedge funds who were sitting on HUGE profits and were forced to watch them evaporate because they couldn't close and also were getting creamed on the stocks they held on the other side of the trade. Poor old Joe Sixpack who was also Short once again had to watch his/her profits evaporate because they couldn't cover. I've said it before-The Mob has More Scruples and don't think that with the head chimp making his victory speech tonite that all this was an accident. Now at 3.30 they announced Globex would open and 5 minutes later said no it wouldn't and in fact it would be closed for the day so we have no futures to judge tomorrow by-how frigging convenient. Now when it does open either the shorts will cover and drive this thing to the moon or they will be so pissed like I am they will SELL IT. My guess is this backfires BIG TIME tomorrow. Bob Piss on Me on Procto Ace reporter that he is interviewed a SPOO pit boss two hours after Globex went down and said "would we have had the rally if Globex hadn't gone down" the Pit Bosses answer was "NO"! Yes I am still SHORT, very PISSED but watch GRAVITY kick in tomorrow. I am sure that some enterprising Lawyers are already digging into this. Trade Safe!

Archived