Mark To Market Memorial Forum

Just another thought(or two) about managing the markets.

If the USD starts a death dive,then all dem foreigners will want out of US assets especially bonds-the interest payment that you get in one year has just been wiped out in two days of dollar decline!

However,if Al is prepared to buy back the treasuries for a decent price and get the price of the stock market up above certain levels,then possibly all those dollars being redeemed from bonds will not be exchanged for non-dollar securities but go into the US equity markets.

If the market can be made to look as if the bear is over,then some sort of self-sustaining fission reaction could take place-melt-up!

Until Al can't hold down interest rates any longer and then the whole POS just collapses!

Al has to maintain those inflows into the US market ,somehow, and the sole barometer of planetary economic health/sickness seems to be the equity markets.

It's not the economy,it's the markets-stoopid!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BEARDRECH

thanx for the correction bare--

but at my age what do i care about a couple of hundered miles difference-i have a Brechtian sense of geography e.g. Wall street is right around the corner from the Chicago Stockyards--- :P

:D :blink: :unsure: bdrech

ps- is the herr an allusin to my austrian propensities? If so think of beethoven,bach,mozart,von mises hayek and not the guys with the lightning bolts on their shirtcollars---

Archived