Pigmen Stand Firm

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe 23.00007 % in what Im about to post.....I mean it!

Yesterday,on K-vision, I saw this cute little old lady being interviewed on what she thought the market was going to become...

She analysed three charts in a rather charming and easily understood manner.

But most importantly was her market sumarising statement::

"I'd rather be on the outside wishing I were in,rather than being on the inside wishing I were out...best stand aside"....

There are reasons for listening very carefully to charming little old ladies looking like the mountan innocents of yore who were annualy burnt, one at a time, at the stake, for practicing witchcraft...

They seemed to know so much, as if posessing omniscience, leaving the hillbilly sherlocks with only one conclusion: that they were in league with El Diablo himself..

Inhabiting an epoch easily labled Pre-scientific we sort of have to foregive these brooding pyromaniacal merry makers..

But cutting to the chase,the REAL reason for their apparent omniscience was their power to hear and organise GOSSIP that they overheard throughout the realm....

Analogously, the K-visioned Old Lady, still alive and what's more, still reputable enough to get on national broadcasting, compels me to pay attention....

And Why? Because these speculating miniatures lack the masculine Gene of "Always wanting to be right ? and its corresponding vanity...

So,

If I were a trader given to action oriented recklessness (and who is toally excluded from this class?), I would listen to this woman and her mantra:STEP ASIDE.....

beardrech: :ph34r: :ph34r: Let fools rush in where.......

super bearish

GTFO NOW

645462[/snapback]

3.5 Billion shares on OpEX? This is SUPER BEARISH indeed, because it means that Pigmen are not holding any stocks---nothing, so there is no need to square any positions. The rally last hour was just technical as shorts were closing positions before the long weekend. I think that Doc pointed out before that once shorts cover, there is absolutely nothing left now to support this market. And just like most indicators do not work in a bear market neither does price as volume is the single most important thing in a bear market.

The next TRAP you experience will be accompnied by the sounds:

Attention America;blue light Sovriegn Wealth Special Available on Devil's Isle; just behind the towels and toiletries...

Everything,Amerigos, I mean everything, is for sale including that little ball of uneaten substance that is currently your "Soul"...

Don't cry; In this world (Wall Street, Corner of EA Poe boulevard) has its price and eventually we all have to pay the Piper..

I mean,even at Birth we became horribly indebted by owing the Cosmos a Death...

And dont you worry your little heads about being able to repay that Debt...Because in that naborhood,DEADBEAT has an entirly different meaning, as opposed to its more mundane above ground definition....

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Death: Natures way of telling us to slow down...Bierce

pulled this purdy picture off a post on clearstation; sorry, no link.

several interesting bits to the chart. check out the aroon (50) oscillator--jibes with the "we's in a bayer aspirin mahkit" sentiment.

and when 1320 eventually breaks, ~1160 looks to be the next meaningful rest stop. there we can stretch our legs (all four o' them), take a whiz and shit in the woods, maul a snack deer, guzzle a bear beer, cross-dress like a bull, etc.

post-5990-1203114996_thumb.jpg

the builder collapse on the Sunshine Coast gets uglier by the day.

The whole thing looks like a ponzi scheme run by 'wealth creation' companies.

Out of Staters buying houses 'off' the plan.

RPC project linked to cricketer

Failed building giant Real Property Constructions has been linked to a residential project managed by former cricketer Craig McDermott?s private company, Maxen Developments.

RPC has built dozens of homes at the Fraser Waters Beachside Estate project at Toogoom in Hervey Bay, and had more under construction when the company collapsed just over a week ago.

Onsite Direct ? one of the ?wealth creation? companies named by Housing Minister Robert Schwarten in state parliament on Wednesday in connection with RPC?s demise - is selling property in the Fraser Waters Estate.

?There are a number of wealth creation companies, marketing companies and investment companies involved - companies which had a relationship with Dennis Musca, who would find him customers,? Mr Jennings said this week.

?About two thirds of those customers are not living in the area.?

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/feb/1...nked-cricketer/

Inflation is seeping its way into every nook and crany of the OZ economy.

I doubt too many small business operators will be able to pass on the cost increases.

I suspect most small business models are not viable.

Overcapcacity,coupled with rising costs at a time when people need to tighten their belts.What a combination.

Trouble brews as inflation stirs

CLEAR a space as the waiter brings the latte and your plate of eggs on wholegrain toast, and ponder what it will cost next year. When the bill arrives today, you'll probably turn out $3.50 for the coffee and $9 for the food and, briefly, you'll double-check the numbers.

Enjoy what might feel like small change now because prices are rising. Underlying inflation is 3.5% and economists expect it might hit 4.5% by the end of the year just as everyone gets ready for Christmas.

By then, your mortgage rate may have been increased twice on top of the seven adjustments to official rates since March 2005, and you still have to account for rising petrol and grocery prices.

If you get your act together, you will clip your wallet and vow to cut back on indulgences. But how you respond to tighter conditions will affect owners of small businesses, such as this busy cafe-restaurant.

Hunter Barton owns Cafe Lagom in suburban Armadale. Ask him about inflationary pressures and he cites cost pressures that seep into almost every item on the menu.

http://business.theage.com.au/trouble-brew...80215-1sjn.html

As good as it gets.

Yet house prices are still defying gravity.

Bank write-downs feared, earnings in doubt

But this week's Commonwealth Bank interim result was different because of what was said ? bad debts were mounting quickly on the balance sheet of Australia's biggest bank ? and because of what was not said.

No one uttered the phrase that had become standard rhetoric over recent years whenever banks deliver their numbers. No one said: "As good as it gets."

Real, calculable fear has hit the Australian banking sector. Rising interest rates and weaker investment markets are finally driving companies to the wall. anal cysts are lining up to cut earnings estimates across the banks. Talk has begun to circulate of huge write-downs to come.

anal cysts are calling an end to the Goldilocks years, when everyone could meet their bills, and the beginning of something more dangerous. The fear is worsened because no one can say how bad things might get.

"No one knows how this cycle will look," writes Westpac chief economist Bill Evans in an email. "The credit crisis is worsening and a continuation of that trend would stress highly geared companies."

It is easy to carve out a doomsday scenario where debts start falling over. Australian companies are thought to have learnt the perils of debt in the commercial property crash of the 1990s. Yet CBA's troubles are tied up with corporate loans.

Its book includes Centro, MFS and Allco, all of which have become market pariahs in the subprime shake-out.

http://business.theage.com.au/bank-writedo...80215-1sjl.html

sold my qid once we started to slip, about a 2% gain, which for me in this market was not shabby.. will look to re-enter after a short rally. will love this position in this massive mudslide we all have been waiting for. enjoy your long weekend see you guys tuesday... enjoy the weather were your at, lookin for 82 here in Gainesville tom.....

MC

Check out how fast this is increasing every month.

645466[/snapback]

As I mentioned on IDS, I have small short position which I am going to add to on any pop. :D

I wonder how far they can go before they shut the place down. I am sure there will a pop up before they pull the plug. <_<

house prices are still rising in OZ.

Imagine the carnage when house prices start to fall.

Repossessions soar as homeowners start to feel pain

QUEENSLAND homeowners are increasingly going under and losing their properties as the mortgage crunch claims more casualties with each rate rise.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...730-952,00.html

Archived