Crash Heard Round The World- Except the US

If a waterfall were to commence tomorrow, it wouldn't be dissimilar from the events from last February.  The Armstrong event triggered by a selloff in Beijing.

638834[/snapback]

Elh,

Nice decision late last week to go short and refuse to be shaken out.. ;)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elh,

Nice decision late last week to go short and refuse to be shaken out.. ;)

638835[/snapback]

Bung,

I'm not saying there can't be a short squeeze, but the pain will be temporary and brief. Why fight gravity?

A few people on this board are too smart, and methinks they are just trying to outsmart themselves in the process.

post-2961-1200956175.gif

id be very surprised if the market opens 500 down. probably get some fancy dancy rate cut.

if it does im going to be a big idiot and buy at some point.

most people will get up and go to work tomorrow.

ya know .... there is a big machine at work out there and they pull the levers.

this game is not nearly over. but there will be an end i bet at some point IMHO.

i had a great long weekend at the beach. it was a bit chilly though.

I wonder what they are saying on the bullboards today.

And to think! Back in October they said I had ZERO credibility.

:lol:

That was one thing I was never worried about. Not for one second. I've always believed that if I do my homework every night and report what I see honestly and openly with no hidden agendas, then credibility will take care of itself over time.

When a guy like Richard Russell, who has been at this game for 50 some years, made his bear market call, I'm sure that he wasn't worried about his credibility either. Russell was ridiculed too, but he had it absolutely right.

When I found out that I had somehow been lumped in the same category with the great Richard Russell, believe me I was embarrassed, not because I thought I was wrong at the time, but because I thought it was so foolish of someone to lump me in with one of the great giants of the business. I was embarrassed, but at the same time honored, to be ridiculed in that way.

I'm just glad that my critics continue to talk about me, especially in the same breath with the greats of the business. It's a true honor.

id be very surprised if the market opens 500 down.  probably get some fancy dancy rate cut.

this game is not nearly over. but there will be an end i bet at some point IMHO.

i had a great long weekend at the beach.  it was a bit chilly though.

638839[/snapback]

You're going to buy AGAIN?

I'm surprised that you have any money left at all.

That chart in reality should be way up near $9 since it's leveraged 200% and follows the same index as the bull fund.  If you saw my charts and observations last night on M2M using the Profunds Emerging markets Bull and Bear funds you'd notice they somehow have managed to underperform the short side of these emerging market funds by a significant amount.  I don't have an answer why, but I did email Profunds and Direxion for an answer.

638828[/snapback]

part of the answer is that this fund covers many different equity markets, I am not sure how they do it but it probably makes the it a slower ride up and down,so I will be interested in what it shows today given the wide breath of the overall emerging market decline. I started buying DXESX under $4 and bought another bunch around $4.5, goal is $15.

I am looking for a prudent trade strategy for Tuesday ay-em...

Although I had contemplated loading up on FXP late last week, I did NOT (being wary of sudden Fed intervention of some sort) and am 100% in cash.

Oh well...

After today's global blood-letting, will Tuesday bring more of the same??

Or will enthusiastic perma-bulls, bottom-fishers, and other assorted 'knife-catchers' help the PPT to orchestrate a substantial 'rebound' in the overnight futures markets?

I believe traders must anticipate robust, lightning-strike 'emergency' Fed intervention (however futile and short-lived the market's response may be), an even more likely event if the Asian and European markets continue south early Tuesday ay-em.

I will be tempted to buy FXP in the pre-market hours Tuesday a.m., however I've lost considerable sums chasing moves in the past, therefore I will likely remain on the sidelines and watch the initial market panic from a safe viewpoint.

My guess is that traders (and unlucky market players facing margin calls) will be selling into any temporary strength that may materialize Tuesday and over the next few days...

and I'll likely be looking for a bounce to optimally position for the next severe downdraft...

:ph34r:

id be very surprised if the market opens 500 down.  probably get some fancy dancy rate cut.

638839[/snapback]

this game is not nearly over

You're correct there... :P ....And that scares me... :ph34r:

Well, fortunately most of us are doing very, very well indeed.

Some of us, not as well as we should have because we had our chickinsheet stops too tight.  :lol:

638809[/snapback]

Well, I guess I fit that later description. I had a mother-in-law on a ventillator all last week. She's not your typical in law that you would want to pull the plug on. Really spry 86 year old. She pulled through and is now telling her usual dirty jokes.

She's been out of the stock market since the 70's.

I took the hint. Options are like little kids and beautiful teenage daughters: they require a lot of observation.

638839[/snapback]

I'm not trying to create any sort of havoc here, but if you could, can you characterize the 'big machine' you are talking about? Is this some sort of 'New World Order ' global 'FED' or just the boys/garcons/hommes/blokes?

TIA

Archived