Crash Heard Round The World- Except the US

I guess this is is. What we've all been waiting for.

Sadly, some of us saw this coming. :(

I have an interesting anecdote.

While on my travels I had a chat with my cousin (who's really like a brother, we spent so much time together growing up), about my expectations for the market. He called me last Thursday and told me that he had transferred all of his wife's Philadelphia teacher retirement plan funds out of stock mutual funds. The agent told him that he would be "locking in is his losses." My cousin said to the guy, "well, the way I see it, I am preventing further losses."

I reassured him that I thought he had done the right thing.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doc, your work is appreciated. I never even heard of the stool until I came across your podcasts with Mish some time ago on streetiq.com. Been a follower ever since. Thanks again.

638810[/snapback]

Yea, potty humor....who could have know it could pay off....who could have known indeed.... ;)

What an amazing day. Peru down 10%. Locals down here still calling for bottoms, cops, regulators, God's Army, etc. . 50% is forced margin selling, the other 50% is mutual fund redemptions. Goes to show how the whole process has to run its course. We are definitely on the reverse swing of the emotional pendulum we saw back in May 2006.

I guess the guy never hold of cutting his losses.

638806[/snapback]

I callled my wife downstairs to witness this portrait of a loser turning into his self destructive phase...This remarkable self-portrait is one of a slow-motion suicide.

Notice the oscillating from self-hatred to hatred of the unforgiving markets ,and then multipy the scene by millions---absolutely remarkable, sociologiclaly speaking.....This is no laughing matter; and my wife, after listening to a few expletives, tried to leave. I demanded she stay and watch to the end, so that her foolish questions about what is happening would be held to a minimum.

Use this video as a surrogate for examining what the 68 endangered cultures and their minions are going through.

Very soon the mantra "Death before Dishonor" will be echoing throughout the cellular arrangementi known as his mind.

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: There is a subtle bipolarity in his use of the pronominal first and second person singular indicative ....almost unbearable

PS And by the way the economy of his psychological disposition allows him to join the overwhelmingly powerful forces that are destorying him while at the same time appealing for sympathy from the observers of his condition....so subtle are the dimensions of human thought...

I callled my wife downstairs to witness this portrait of a loser turning into his self destructive phase...This remarkable self-portrait is one of a slow-motion  suicide.

Notice the oscillating from self-hatred to hatred of the unforgiving markets ,and then multipy the scene by millions---absolutely remarkable, sociologiclaly  speaking.....This is no laughing matter; and my wife, after listening to a few expletives, tried to leave. I demanded she stay and watch to the end, so that her foolish questions about what is happening would be held to a minimum.

Use this video as a surrogate for  examining what the 68 endangered cultures and their minions are going through.

Very soon the mantra "Death before Dishonor" will be echoing throughout the cellular arrangementi known as his mind.

beardrech :ph34r:  :ph34r:  There is a subtle bipolarity in his use of the pronominal first and second person singular indicative ....almost unbearable

638814[/snapback]

Death before Dishonor....Does this mean we should stay away from tall buildings over the coming weeks as brokers do "The honorable thing"?

post-1110-1200946350.jpg

Archived