Long Necked Species Index

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PhatBubble .. You major Props for your "astro" posts 18 months ago about Bush/Cheny and the deceptions that might undo their administration. Sorry, I don't recall that other marvelous Astro poster who you posted with often. It wasn't Luna, but he was really good too.

regards

Pigeon.

Thanks for the Vegas summary.

No different here in L.A.

Everyone here in Manhattan Beach with spare cash is dying to find a builder who will accept their money into an "investment pool" to be plunged into the latest Spec House.

Virtually on EVERY STREET, NO EXCEPTION, one out of 10 houses is either being torn down, rehabbed for a flip, or a new addition is being performed.

The number of superluxury new homes being built is astronomical. Seems like the bigger, the more expensive, the more the upside there is in a Flip Profit.

I just drove by one house which was a 2500 sq. ft. older home, recently remodeled, cherried out with new paint, gorgeous landscaping, a typical quaint 1970's Cape Cod style home which had been totally renovated within the last two years.

Now, it has that infamous chain link fence surrounding the property. Obviously, some builder has bought it. It will be torn down, scraped, and a 4000 sq. ft. Mediterranean Monster will be built in its place.

There are simply no more older, smaller homes to buy and tear down. Now the builders are paying top market price for perfectly good, newer homes, just to scrape them and build a giant spec home it its place.

There is no sign of this slowing down.

It seems that there is a unlimited number of qualified applicants able to close on a new $2.7 million 4,500 sq. ft. house in my neighborhood. Most buyers are dual income couples in their late 20's with a baby. Typically a lawyer and an entertainment executive.

Astounding.

This is the best illustration of the twin theses contained in a book authored by a member of the Adams family,the family of presidents and not the tv family which coincidentally had a square-headed lookalike of of one our current presidential candidates--

Written at the turn of the nineteenth century(1890"s?) by Henry Adams and titled "The Education of Henry Adams" it propounds two theses both warranting an examination by an red-blooded American interested in the socio-economic history of Real Estate;

Very briefly,the author,after visiting the 1896 (?)Columbian Exposition in Chicago, began writing this book in which he pits the images of the Holy Maddonna and the Dynamo against each other--and goes on to juxtaposing this world-shaking contest against the what he calls the "The Law of 8 percent"

The law of 8 percent he asserts is as powerful as any force ever ,up until that time, because it had as much power to destroy as any machine or bomb ever built--as if it were a god of destruction, this simple arithmetical concept of 8 percent ,if it did not meet the standards set by any piece of real estate contained within the vortex of profit-making,no matter how beautiful or sacred, would forfeit its life as an entity and be destroyed in order to have something more deserving of existence:THE ABILITY TO EARN 8 percent"....

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: This is scarier thanHalloween #122

Yes sir.

I am a moral man, I am a superior man, I am an agent of the almighty.

Bill Clinton was a liar, cheat, thief, and an adulterer. But, IMHO, he was a pretty good President.

This guy really and his goons really F%^%& scares me.

The passion of George Bush: I am the new Christ, bringing "democracy" to all people on Earth and eliminating all evil beliefs and sins.

Yes sir.

Bill Clinton was a liar, cheat, thief, and an adulterer. But, IMHO, he was a pretty good President.

The passion of George Bush: I am the new Christ, bringing "democracy" to all people on Earth and eliminating all evil beliefs and sins.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

no matter it is a democratic or emperor system,

the citizen of undernearth are hoping there is a good leader, always

this run, can you vote a "good" one?

The system need retrofit, but you need laws for that retrofit, when you can get it?

As HyperTiger said, ... hopeless.

Sigh! Die quick, so there is re-creation.

GF,

Does QT do more than single day charts?

Buskow - I use Quotetracker as it lets

me set alarms on issues too. Here is

a chart on MO in the blue Quotetracker

window set to a week and the historical chart window

set to 20 days. I pay the $60 dollar annual

fee and have it on four computers for the one price.

Just be careful when they update the program

which they do often - sometimes daily - as rarely

they have introduced bugs (minor) butt Jerry Medved

is usually quick to fix any problems. Overall

I rate the program highly and recommend it.

i agree. best tech support ever, and the program is free.

Yes sir.

Amen

Archived