Mark' Christmas Vacation

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GM,

Tanks for prices levels, etc.

I tried Doc's "click on chart thnigy" butt it didna help = I got a popup chart of de chart in same resolution and size  :(

FWIW, my stuff projects to a DOW (e-mini) 'top' of c. 10263.

Success!

gruff

How much is the premium between YM and the cash Dow. If the spread is large, like 20-30 points, then we seem to be in the same ball park range. B)

H4 December? Then there is no premium. Still close enough.

Nice chart, as always. :)

Humans and animals need oxygen to survie and yes we exhale CO2-the Kyoto Protocol is all about cutting carbon emissions and providing more oxygen-the only major country to reject the protocol and not particpate is the country who is the BIGGEST emitter of Carbon-their prezyDent an amiable oaf, a creature of the oil industry doesn't believe their is a problem but then he has never had a problem he couldn't avoid so the rest of the world tries to solve the problem while he like Nero fiddles. Trade Safe! :rolleyes:

I object to your use of the word "amiable".

Humans and animals need oxygen to survie and yes we exhale CO2-the Kyoto Protocol is all about cutting carbon emissions and providing more oxygen-the only major country to reject the protocol and not particpate is the country who is the BIGGEST emitter of Carbon-their prezyDent an amiable oaf, a creature of the oil industry doesn't believe their is a problem but then he has never had a problem he couldn't avoid so the rest of the world tries to solve the problem while he like Nero fiddles. Trade Safe! :rolleyes:

Never thought of Putin as being "amiable".

There is no 'vacuum underneath', nor is it true dat 'There's only air below' (a quote I read on IDS last week)... The reality is... the higher the mkt goes, the more support it is building.

Success!

gruff

P.S. Like there's ever been a 20~50 year bear mkt? Get real!

If markets always build support the higher they go would you please explain 1929, 1987 and 2000 crashes?

K_Wave_Rider, while I understand that TA does work, what you said is just dumb:

>

Here's what worked at the March bottom. The indexes were in a panic slide, and then they stopped dropping. One by one they crossed up over the 72 on 3..and never looked back. I believe the same technique may work on this parabolic top for aggresive types. That's how I plan to get in near the top.

>

"Panic Slide":Stocks dropping from a low of 7929 on January 27, 2003 to

7397 on March 12, 2003. MORE THAN 12 POINTS A DAY. MORE THAN 0.13% PER DAY. AN UNSTOPPABLE JUGGERNAUGHT. Wanna bet that I can find a SINGLE DAY

where the range was 542 points?

Here is what happened in March. Bush bought stock. Stock went up. Everyone piled on the Government Manipulation Train. Stock went up. No TA. There was no "panic slide". You just like to think "skill" not following the governments orders let you "win". The government did this. Period.

evenin' rock,

yeah, i've read some of the white-papers on the plant designs.

The BTU's per gallon are kinda staggering... :P

Sphinx posed the question the other night: in 20 yrs, as oil is getting scarce and price is sky-high, will it still be used for mining?

Or for food production instead?

When oil hits 50, 100, bucks/bbl, what will water cost per gallon in Saudi I wonder... :o

A smart country (in one of the hottest sunniest climes on the planet) would be building big heliostat arrays and making the water for free, one would think... :P

if you look into the Scientific American's archives you will find ssomewhere the description of an U of Chicago solar energy experiment conducted on the rooftop of their physics building which resulted in getting temperatures much hotter than the surface of the sun---

If i remember correctly it was relatively simple involving a cylinder and a series of refractinng-reflecting lenses--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: :cry: why so little vision??

Some stoolies mentioning cost of food going up because of dependance on petroleum and nat. gas for fertilizer and distribution. Water also is crucial and diminished resource. Desalination, (at this point) is cost effective for drinking and other residential uses, but 85% of our water consumption is for for agriculture and industry. We are in a race with Mother Nature to establish cheap technological fixes or learn to live within the limits of a stressed planet. How the stock market can survive the doom scenarios of its own creation together with political fiascos and natural disasters of all kinds, is beyond me. Buy and hold market bulls are insane.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That answer is correct, but not simple.

The desalination technology is gradually, very gradually, moving ahead to the point that it is now becoming inexpensive enough for drinking water and household consumption. But more than 85 percent of the water that humanity uses is for agricultural and industrial purposes. Desalinated water is much too expensive for these uses, except in the oil-rich nations of the Middle East."

http://www.iwra.siu.edu/conferences/tapped.html

Archived