Men, Not Machines

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone has yet to explain how you can reasonably expect to separate any political administration from the economy and the financial markets. If anyone has an answer, please share it. As hard as we do try to ignore the elephant standing in the center of the room, there are just times when somebody will reference the growing pile of peanut shells. :P B)

Market has nothing to do with the politics and Bush will not get an Election Erection.

So they say.

:o :o :o

upon reading all the recent posts about WTC,Iraq,oil ect

I say these are small compared to what is going on in

Cal. Debt up too their eyeballs and more gov.laws than

grains of sand . The Left coast has brought this on theirselves

The days of freedom in America are gone

Rules and regulations have strangled the simple man.

There are no free lunches.Jobs are leaving Cal. and The USA

Things are going to get nasty as the American dream fades

The strong will survive thats natures way.

There is no compassion in nature.

America will survive after much pain and suffering.

True true but we need to know what your St. Bart's connection is thinking...

St Barts Bear - still a bear.

His line in the sand is 1062 (965 +10%).

He seems to think we are about

to revisit 965. And that it will get interesting

when we take out 868 (965 -10%).

Well I have lost faith. Especially since he started

talking about MARS & astronomy.

I guess time will tell!!

Don't disparage astrology! It is key.

Astrology is used to implement the Plan.

The answer is in encoded in

When the moon is in the Seventh House

and Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius

Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revelation

And the mind's true liberation

Aquarius! Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House

and Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius

Aquarius! Aquarius!

As our hearts go beating through the night

We dance unto the dawn of day

To be the bearers of the water

Our light will lead the way

We are the spirit of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius

Aquarius! Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

Angelic illumination

Rising fiery constellation

Travelling our starry courses

Guided by the cosmic forces

Oh, care for us; Aquarius

Decode it and you will find the syncratic Answer to the ephermal Question.

But what is the Question?

I have a novel plan to divulge to all Stoolies:

Labor Theory of Value, Economics of Labor, Labor as the Source of Growth and Capital Accumulation

With the exception of Joseph A. Schumpeter, who discovered Ibn Khaldun's writings only a few months before his death,3 Joseph J. Spengler,4 and Charles Issawi, major Western economists trace the theory of value to Adam Smith and David Ricardo because they attempted to find a reasonable explanation for the paradox of value. According to Adam Smith and as further developed by David Ricardo, the exchange value of objects is to be equal to the labor time used in its production. On the basis of this concept, Karl Marx concluded that "wages of labour must equal the production of labour"5 and introduced his revolutionary term surplus value signifying the unjustifiable reward given to capitalists, who exploit the efforts of the labor class, or the proletariat. Yet it was Ibn Khaldun, a believer in the free market economy, who first introduced the labor theory of value without the extensions of Karl Marx.

According to Ibn Khaldun, labor is the source of value. He gave a detailed account of his labor theory of value, presenting it for the first time in history. It is worth noting that Ibn Khaldun never called it a "theory," but had skillfully presented it (in volume 2 of Rosenthal translation) in his analysis of labor and its efforts.6 Ibn Khaldun's contribution was later picked up by David Hume in his Political Discourses, published in 1752: "Everything in the world is purchased by labour."7

It was also Ibn Khaldun, long before Adam Smith, who made a strong case for a free economy and for freedom of choice

To maximize both earnings and levels of satisfaction, a man should be free to perform whatever his gifted talents and skilled abilities dictate. Through natural talents and acquired skills, man can freely produce objects of' high quality, and, often, more units of labor per hour.

http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/oweissi/ibn.htm

Regards... :D

Sinclair is beginning to sound like Hyper's papa. (Fixed link)

Electricity in Iraq is practically nonexistent outside of Baghdad where it is sporadic at best. Water is lacking and the cost of getting these critical services started is reliably estimated above $20 billion.

The opposition is systematically attacking these infrastructure bases. The only way to protect the oil pipeline is to stand a man every meter along the pipeline and the US simply hasn't the manpower. The same is true to protect the power lines. As soon as we put back a tower, another blows up.

Yes, the dollar and equity market recoveries are now based on the positive economic statistics of the US versus the euro area. So the US dollar and equity market rallies are based on the expenditures for the war in Iraq. In fact, 1.9% of the 3.5% GDP expansion so far this quarter comes from military expenditures.

As far as the MoGuage is concerned , I think it tracks liquidity going in. However there is a "Roach Motel" effect. The liquidity that flows into the markets doesn't necessarily flow out when the MoGuage turns down.

Yeah but it doesn't have to "flow out". It takes buying to keep prices static. There's always selling. Lately there's been less selling because sellers are inidvidually not stupid. Thye've been rewarded for waiting. But as buying dries up, volume diminishes, selling returns to normal background levels, the tip point is reached where there is not enough buying to sustain prices, and in then they begin to drop. In the last third of the decline, sellers start getting anxious, volume picks up forcing prices down faster, unitl the selling climax, whereupon enoough liquidity is built up to trigger a reversal.

We are in the initial stages of diminishing buying interest. Whereas some foresee a buying climax blowoff to end this, I don't. I think it will be a gradual rollover on shrinking voume as in August-September 1929, and August-September 1987. And I believe the outcome will be the same. Bubbles cannot be sustained indefedinitely on spin, subterfuge, short covering, and manipulation. Especially when the engine of liquidity has burned out. It can run on fumes for awhile, but all that leaves in the end is a vacuum.

The truth will out.

If I didn't think it was a colossal waste of my time, I would delete roughly half of the posts on this thread for being totally political but instead I think I'll just clam up.

It's never a waste of time- as they say, allowing a building with broken windows to remain in disrepair encourages others to throw rocks at the remaining windows. Eventually the neighborhood runs down and only bums and loonies will remain in the gutted carcass of a once thriving neighborhood. Keep our Market clean (and sane). :D

All the best.

Well I have to agree with Sinclair on the MESS in Iraq and it's bound to get messier both in body count and in deficit $'s. Meanwhile over in pacified Afghanistan 3 Americans have been killed in 3 days of heavy fighting with the Taliban. Reuters reports on a satellite phone interview withe Taliban Governor of the area that they claim they shot down an American chopper. Now with Special forces still fighting the Taliban in the boonies and the Canadian Forces providing security in Kabul how long can any country AFFORD to be there 10 yrs, 20 yrs?? ditto Iraq, ditto Serbia, ditto Bosnia-the Boys won't be coming home anytime soon-the sigma 10 event will be the deficit once Congess reconvenes and the choices of how to deal with it will be draconian-what will this do to the markets you ask???? Drive them DOWN methinks to depths we cannot imagine-Trade Safe!

The Stool Demolition Company has arrived. Because of multiple code violations and the infeasibility of repairs, this thread is condemned.

In the future, please place your posts in the appropraite thread. M2M is for market and and economic discussion. Political stuff goes on Political Stool. In depth discussions of particular economic or market related issues on LOB etc.

Archived