IDS World Markets Wed 12th October 05

:o :o :o :o :o

"Intel rating, price target cut at Prudential By Tomi Kilgore

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Intel          (INTC:          news,          chart,          profile)  was downgraded to underweight from neutral weight at Prudential, as concerns that a number of challenges will lead to disappointing revenue and margin performance over the next 2 to 4 quarters offsets favorable relative valuation. anal cyst Mark Lipacis cut his stock price target to $20 from $31 and lowered his 2006 earnings estimate to $1.45 a share from $1.67. Lipacis expects revenue growth to decelerate, gross margin pressure to increase from rival Advanced Micro Devices and from accelerating growth of low-end products, a chipset shortage and risks associated with a transition of chip manufacturing in 2006. "

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder...=bigcharts&mp=1

Wonder if it's going to serve up a buying op. Is anyone following INTC closely?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"MGIC Investment net income beats target (MTG) By Steve Gelsi

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- MGIC Investment          (MTG)  on Wednesday reported third-quarter net income of $142.4 million, or $1.55 a share, up from $134 million, or $1.36 a share, in the year-ago period. The Milwaukee-based provider of private mortgage insurance was expected to earn $140.3 million, or $1.51 a share, according to a survey of anal cysts by Thomson First Call. Shares closed at $59.67 on Tuesday. "

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder...A1EE51E5BB4%7D&

:blink: :unsure: :blink:

Oooops. I shorted that yesterday at 60.64 in the model port . So it's chart versus news. Let's see which wins.

And now, I must devise an exit strategy, just in case. Strategy I say! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Fed minutes seem to say the economy will do well because of deficit spending, but deficit spending will cause inflation.

It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that the inflation they envision could reduce real income, and cause the economy to do poorly.  Also they presume the Gulf will rise again, but how will those devastated by casualty losses pay for new homes?

How can raising the cost of money through rate increases be good for the economy?

Is there a way to participate in the All Ords via options?  I see that there are no options on the EWA Aussie I-Share.

None for IAF either.

ASX200 Index options trade here, European Style, ,monthly, third Thursday settle.

Check with your borker to see if they can trade them for you.

Options for some US-ADR's trade for some of the big names like BHP, the banks, etc.

Or, do what I did and just pack up and move here.B)

Greenspan will soon be history - as for his "legacy" - well like any stand-up comedian he'll be left to puzzle about whether the audiece was laughing WITH him or laughing AT him as he exits stage left.

And good old boy Benny will have to test out his diabolical lab-experiments (helicopters dropping money and such) on real people. And they won't like it when on their summer vactions they find that cab drivers in Ankara will not accept US Dollars ( " ye got any Euros, Yuan or Rupees mister?"). What fun the first quarter will be.

Sheesh, the house on the west side of me changed hands last month and I come home today and there's a For Sale sign on the other side now... must be something in the water... :blink:

Archived