B4 the Bell, Humpday July 7, 2004

Guest yobob1

For those who missed the very impressive list of places where foreclosures have increased, here's the link to where it was posted in last night's thread:

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.p...pic=5869&st=225

The first one posted has to do with Minneapolis. I can vouch for what they say about the "quiet financial crisis." I know families where there are two highly qualified professional adults, neither able to find work. And this is a supposedly high-employment area.

On another subject, Greg, there has been no outcry because the media presented the story with headlines like "Prisoners Have Right to Hearings."

Remember Abe Lincoln: "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "usual suspects" are bulling the "strongest economy in 20 years" (nothing to do with an approaching election, I assure you):

ECONOMIC_OUTLOOK.sff_NYET253_20040706153320.jpg

Two things to keep in mind:

1. A strong economy is not particularly good for the stock market. The best stock market gains have occurred during weak economic conditions. 1991, for example.

2. The "strong GDP growth" is actually a residual obtained by taking nominal GDP growth of 6.0% and subtracting alleged inflation of 1.5%. If the real level of inflation is 4.0%, then GDP growth is only 2.0%. And that's about what it feels like to real people that I talk to.

Morning Crew- The Bank crisis unfolding in Russia as pointed out by Hunter is a much bigger story than we all think remember the towering inferno is intertwined across the world. When the Banks of a major Country close-Uh-Oh! We should open DOWN-window at the bell for 45 minutes, either more down (likely) or we consolidate at the lows which is a continuation pattern and very BEARISH-Helmets on, Buckle up! ;)

Kudo's On Icky for digging that info out last nite-that paints a very bleak picture- Trim Tabs reports the fundies are fully invested with little or no cash- the SixPacks may get a jolt when they decide to redeem to pay bills and are told to "wait a bit"! ;)

They've been dubbed the invisible work force. Because these people are working, they don't qualify for many government benefits. But they don't make enough ? typically less than $10 an hour ? to lift a family out of poverty.

And there will be more of them. Of the 20 occupations that the U.S. Labor Department expects will see the biggest growth between 2002 and 2012, 17 are considered low-wage jobs. Only three require college degrees.

In Florida, expanding industries such as retail and food service pay 15 percent less than contracting industries, such as manufacturing and information technology, reflecting a nationwide trend.

"It's not a lack of work ethic," said Bruce Katz, vice president of the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank. "It's the structure of the economy that is creating jobs that don't pay enough to make ends meet."

Low wages keep working poor in poverty

Good luck standing in front of 990n today

They have shown their hand early. The weakness will not be tolerated as we are on the edge of a cliff and power is at stake.

Not a negative tick since the open and the trin plummeting.

I reserve the right to be totally wrong

Reading this market has become nothing short of a nightmare.

Archived