False BO

Do you want to discuss something that just came to my mind.

Is it possible that Greenspan and da boyz knew back in 2001 that the world economy will collapse into depression?

Is it possible they decided to postpone that collapse by 5 years in order to:

1. Invade Iraq and its oil fields.

2. Unload all the toxic loans outside the US, just to make sure we come out of this mess the first?

701653[/snapback]

I will invoke Hanlon's razor:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

or possibly Crabtree's Bludgeon:

No set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated.

:lol:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, in many cases the salary on the Wall Street is nominal, like $100-$150k. The rest is bonus. It's part of the pay. You can't live for $150k in New York, that is simply impossible.

701707[/snapback]

Anger heading towards the financial sector big shots, wonder how lloud the cries will get? Tough considering the political corruption in D.C., will the political creatures find a few pig men to burn at the media stake and hope it all blows over or actually get pushed hard by the angry population to make some large scale changes? tune in.. :ph34r:

Well, in many cases the salary on the Wall Street is nominal, like $100-$150k. The rest is bonus. It's part of the pay. You can't live for $150k in New York, that is simply impossible.

701707[/snapback]

I imagine most of the people living in NYC make less than 150k. ;)

701707[/snapback]

Half of the folks living in Manhattan must not be living. I believe $150 is the median income. You can get by on $100,000, or a little less if you're single. The rest of the city is much easier. I know people in Manhattan doing the roomate/rice-a-roni thing making $65k.

I imagine most  of the people living in NYC make less than 150k. ;)

701711[/snapback]

of course. even if you consider 'nyc' to be manhattan south of 96th street, most of the people live below that income level. it is, however, impossible to live in the style required of a junior pigman/woman.

of course.? even if you consider 'nyc' to be manhattan south of 96th street, most of the people live below that income level.? it is, however, impossible to live in the style required of a junior pigman/woman.

701719[/snapback]

It's not that bad for a young person.

When I was 20yo I 'survived' living simple with 1 roommate on E66th st.

Didn't do much other than work.

Good experiene [apparently], but I didn't save very much $.

Big on cache. Small on cash.

THE BIG BLACK HOLE OR FOLLOW THE MONEY

Where is all the cash given to AIG going??????

Its swallowed $125 Billion of taxpayers funds but is running out of money.

William Ackman, Pershing Square, (who has made considerable gains in his investments in credit default swaps, which are under scrutiny for contributing to the collapse of financial companies): If they eliminated the credit default swaps market, I would just move to an island and move on.

Its probably going to hedge funds like Pershing Square. :ph34r:

Maybe to the the Goldman!!!!!

How big is the hole???

A lot of smart funds are making a killing out of CDS. :blink:

Perhaps Lehman should have had Goldman as a counter party on more deals!!!!!

Then it would have had to been saved!!!! :lol:

The Feynman Lectures is even better. Some of those lectures are great for thinking, but useless for problem solving. I once royally failed a physics test using his methods (got 3/10) but the teacher couldn't find anything wrong with my math or the theory.

Hmm... Did Feynman ever run a hedge fund?

701662[/snapback]

The world was blessed back then because hedge funds did not exist. The smart guys worked in physics and did useful stuff.

Sure Feynman would work in the hedge fund. And physics would have one great mind less.

Archived