Photo
- - - - -

B4 The Bell Thursday August 5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
284 replies to this topic

#76 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,096 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:41 AM

After fighting in Viet Nam, Kerry came to the right conclusion, and his decisions to quit the war, and his position after leaving the war were the right ones, in my opinion.

Bush stayed home, drank and partied, and shirked his duty. I think that contrast says it all about the character issue here.

Doc,
By your logic then, Bob Dole should have been elected in 1996, no?
What bugs me about Kerry and his Vietnam experience is that in 1992, while campaigning for Clinton, he said Vietnam should NOT be used as a divisive political issue in the Presidential campaign; isn't it hypocritical of him to now wrap himself in the flag?

Mad-

My logic is that Kerry is a better choice than Bush. Dole is a good man. I think we would have been better off with him than with Clinton. Not sure how you arrive at Kerry being hypocritical for pointing out that he went an fought while Bush didn't.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#77 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:44 AM

stop now 1098-this POS is approaching crash status!

#78 Janitor

Janitor

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:44 AM

X-boxers running for the exits :D :D :D :D

Who will end up with the carpetbag full of confetti? :o

#79 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 84,096 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:45 AM

I guess I don't think telling the truth is either divisive, or hypocritical. Bush's lies are what is divisive.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#80 DrStool

DrStool

• Admin
  • 84,096 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:46 AM

Fercryin out loud, I believed the s.o.b. I was a sucker.

#81 Hiding Bear

Hiding Bear

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:46 AM

The Fed withdrew $2B more from the repo pool, which is two days in a row of about the same action. To repeat, it looks like they are locking in a 0.25% rate increase next week. I suppose the advance word from Secretary Snow is the economy is strong and getting stronger, but at worse the figures will be good enough to keep the Fed on course to a rate increase.

The Fed is reducing the repo market temporarily to tighten the Fed funds market ahead of the rate hike next week. I expect after that they will add back repos and go back to sleath monetary easing. No one wants to be first to say the R word (recession), especially the Fed - and we are not quite there yet. But money supply measures say the economy is slowing down fast to almost no growth. More figures on that tonight.

Many tanks to Doc for the Feed Report which lays out all the details. ;)

#82 Janitor

Janitor

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:47 AM

STRA up 3%?? :angry: :huh:

#83 brian4

brian4

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:48 AM

Opening now till 35 minutes past the hour-someone blow Taps! ;)

#84 Bearbones

Bearbones

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:50 AM

X-boxers running for the exits :D :D :D :D

Who will end up with the carpetbag full of confetti? :o

Maybe some have decided that Bill Gross is correct, that a pig on financial steroids is still a pig. He disses hedge funds big time in his new piece.

http://www.pimco.com...August_2004.htm

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:55 AM

Fercryin out loud, I believed the s.o.b. I was a sucker.

Yeah, me too, and now not only am I disappointed, but I pissed as hell for believing all the lies. :angry:

#86 GregFokker

GregFokker

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Moderators
  • 15,013 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:56 AM

The Fed withdrew $2B more from the repo pool, which is two days in a row of about the same action. To repeat, it looks like they are locking in a 0.25% rate increase next week. I suppose the advance word from Secretary Snow is the economy is strong and getting stronger, but at worse the figures will be good enough to keep the Fed on course to a rate increase.

The Fed is reducing the repo market temporarily to tighten the Fed funds market ahead of the rate hike next week. I expect after that they will add back repos and go back to sleath monetary easing. No one wants to be first to say the R word (recession), especially the Fed - and we are not quite there yet. But money supply measures say the economy is slowing down fast to almost no growth. More figures on that tonight.

Many tanks to Doc for the Feed Report which lays out all the details. ;)

Wasn't there a net add today? A 14-day, 7-day and overnight repo for a 5B add.

...A declining spenglerian carnival of Colossaalism united with Inflation where the numbers one through 10 are forever banished as worthless arithmetical detritus from a bygone age... - Beardrech

Naturally we believe the govt numbers... and Boobus Americanus sleepwalks off the edge of the energy-crisis cliff clutching his shares of "Crisco", Yoohoo and GooGah munching on his Yum Yums and Ho Hos. Future historians will have a hell of a time figuring out what the hell Americanus neanderthalus was thinking and exactly what brought on his sudden demise... - Henny Penny

Well, good night everyone. I gotta go lube up for tomorrow's regular end-of-week Gold Slapdown and Stock Index Bear Punishment Rally Weekend Greenprint. ...Probably another Shock-and-Awe Gap-Up-Open and Wire-to-Wire Meltup Runaway Bull Charge Mo-Mo Spike to Fresh New All-Time Lifetime Highs, culminating in a 4:15 yelping scalded dog runoff with panic short-covering and legal not-held bad double fills due to fast market conditions, plus quote system freeze-ups and trading platform lock-outs along the way. *yawn* typical gov't Friday. - Shorty

#87 Janitor

Janitor

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:56 AM

Posted on Aug 5 2004, 10:46 AM
  The Fed withdrew $2B more from the repo pool, which is two days in a row of about the same action. To repeat, it looks like they are locking in a 0.25% rate increase next week.

HB, agreed

likes of GE getting slapped a bit

Also CFC, MBI :grin:

#88 Janitor

Janitor

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 420 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:01 PM

Ooops

Not MBI, ment to say MTG

MBI to get slapped later this year

#89 lucid and confused

lucid and confused

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:01 PM

My goodness,

A half Trillion doolar defense bill

His majesty states:

"With this legislation America's military will know that their country stands behind them as they fight for our freedom and as they spread the peace,"

Theres a word that characterizes a statement or definition that is the opposite of its true meaning (ie money=debt). Perhaps one of the more loquacious stoolies wouldn't mind helping ol lucid out? :blink:

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 12:02 PM

Opening now till 35 minutes past the hour-someone blow Taps! ;)

http://bands.army.mi.../bugle/taps.asp

Click on the speaker.

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart