Gap up or down tomorrow?

I think this is the transaction KD wrote about recently. He has this quoted e-mail:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:54 PM

Subject: ESH0 Event

Importance: High

Between 11:03 and 11:04 CT today, there were a series of transactions in ESH0
in which a market participant appears to have inadvertently traded approximately 200,000 contracts as both buyer and seller
. ...

If you are both buyer and seller, the market should not move.

Perhaps the mechanics of the simul-buy-sell are routine, and the only mistake was the quantity [remove tin foil hat]. Since this activity is behind the curtain, where I am not allowed, I will listen eagerly to any stool speculation.

PPT hiccup, that's what them PPT boyz do, they trade crap back and forth marking up the market with phantom "volume". Just saying. <_<

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Intel had operating earnings of 55 cents per share. They took a charge to settle a lawsuit with AMD which is where you get the 40 cents per share earnings.

> Gross margin @ 64.7, v 53.1 a year ago & 61(+/- 3) forward spin. Continued to suck

> blood from employee & supplier turnips. More great corporate citizenship.

I've written extensively on this in the past. Every two years, Intel does a process shrink. When they do this, their variable costs are cut in half. At 90 nanometers, they can fit so many chips on a wafer. At 65 nanometers, they can fit twice as many chips on a wafer and they will increase their yields as bad spots on wafers affect fewer chips because the chips are smaller. Their gross margins are going up for technological reasons. They announced last week that they are producing at 32 nm. Last year, they were mostly selling chips made at the 45 nm node so their costs will go down sharply again in 2010. The other big area is in Atom sales. These are low-powered chips for netbooks. The chips themselves are much smaller than their regular chips. They can fit thousands of them on a wafer and the margins are in the range of their high-end chips. They've made computing available to far more people by opening the market to those that can't pay as much for computers.

Intel is the world's leader in semiconductor process research and engineering. It is a crown jewel company of the United States. It employs tens of thousands of employees in the United States, most on the West Coast. I don't see the reason for the animus.

Intel is a relentless squeezer of its costs via 'sweatshop' conditions for both suppliers and its employees. I have no doubt (and have heard from the Intel pant where I used to work) that it got those results by squeezing even more blood from the stone on costs. It really is the most obnoxious company I have ever come across. Bullying is official company policy.

Meanwhile those nominal 'shrink line widths and costs go with it' sound good on paper. In practise, as you go smaller, you run into more & more technical issues making it difficult to realise the gains. The capital equipment requirements also soar as you shrink line widths and no doubt the accountants find ways to fudge this making the cost gains look better than they probably are in reality.

I'm gunna call it a "Mr. Widget Day 2 Dilemma" . I was mulling over a divergence with the 5 day oscillator going above the zero momentum zone on a Day 2 (red arrow) when in past cycles it would burst above the zero momentum zone on a Day 1. The occurrence here is that the 5 day had to regain more momentum with the 3 day crossing back down towards the zero momentum zone on a Day 2 instead of a day earlier.

If this makes sense put out your finger and I'll pull it, just don't stick it in anything before I pull it.

post-326-1263514023_thumb.png

I think this is the transaction KD wrote about recently. He has this quoted e-mail:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:54 PM

Subject: ESH0 Event

Importance: High

Between 11:03 and 11:04 CT today, there were a series of transactions in ESH0
in which a market participant appears to have inadvertently traded approximately 200,000 contracts as both buyer and seller
. ...

If you are both buyer and seller, the market should not move.

Perhaps the mechanics of the simul-buy-sell are routine, and the only mistake was the quantity [remove tin foil hat]. Since this activity is behind the curtain, where I am not allowed, I will listen eagerly to any stool speculation.

I think the intention of this transaction was to scare the shit out of anyone that is selling at those resistance level.

If you are a seller with supply at those levels and saw this come through, you would pull your offer ASAP.

It would have been a good short huh. Eat your heart out bulls

MED

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1263517136.png

I had posted some charts of that thing looking toppy over the holidays. I forgot to buy

the putz, though. Good to see that parabolic POS biting the dust. It will probably fall a little further and then consolidate or dead cat bounce in a 4th wave and then fall to the coffin. I can hear the funeral music now.

Archived