IDS World Markets Fri 23rd October 09

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's idiotic to call an advance on declining volume a distribution day. Every day is a distribution day. That's Wall Street's business. Think of it as a big warehouse, with loading docks on one street for the bulk product coming in in big semi trailers. And loading docks on the other side for the local delivery trucks to take the stuff out in smaller pallets on the other street.

Every day.

What rising prices on lower volume tells you is that there are fewer buyers and they are running out of money. Prices are just moving higher on the momentum of the expectation that they will move higher. But meanwhile the warehouse is starting to bulge. They are getting overstocked, and will have to mark it down soon to move it out.

Great post, just think of used cars. :lol:

w?s=^AORD

A very steady day for a Friday. All Ords finished +0.8% led by Consumer Staples +2.3%, Financials +1.8% and Materials/Miners +1%. Losses were on the small side with Energy down the most, -0.9%.

Reasonably bullish in Asia: China +2.1%, Honkers +1.5%, India +1% and Nikkers +0.6%.

On to UK/Europe:

Footsie

image;size=239x110

DAX

image;size=239x110

CAC 40

image;size=239x110

Just read some VERY interesting mathematical calculation posted by one polish bloger, a lover of fibos. He just posted that at 27.10.2009 (OCT 27 2009) more or less we will have a 1,618 fibo number from march low at 2009. He point out to a significant days in usa between 28-29.10.2009 and 27.10.2009 in CEE region.

What is interesting is that, this guy show up once per quarter more or less, and his calculation were pretty amazing since 1992 on polish stock market.

anyway. Iwill not add more shorts today because I need to leave some for deposit. I still keep my finger cross that the broker will not close my position till 27.10.2009, that this, till the moment when first big auction of notes are coming in USA.

I still believe the TOP is at 19 OCT.

Today I will be just a viewer.....

Morning here will be hard, because of yesterday USA close......

I see nikker just bounce off the 50 SMA again :) they are waiting for everyone all around the world so we can all together start a drop.

It's idiotic to call an advance on declining volume a distribution day. Every day is a distribution day. That's Wall Street's business. Think of it as a big warehouse, with loading docks on one street for the bulk product coming in in big semi trailers. And loading docks on the other side for the local delivery trucks to take the stuff out in smaller pallets on the other street.

Every day.

What rising prices on lower volume tells you is that there are fewer buyers and they are running out of money. Prices are just moving higher on the momentum of the expectation that they will move higher. But meanwhile the warehouse is starting to bulge. They are getting overstocked, and will have to mark it down soon to move it out.

True for equity IPOs.

True for debt issues.

Not so true for OTC der-river-turd sales. Prolly just a wider spread untill there are sufficient d-bags on each side, no? :ninja:

Archived