World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Whacked waffling

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT ARE PUERTO RICO BONDS REALLY WORTH

Well you could say they are worth the market price 65 cents in the dollar

This is their market reality price.

Or you could try and determine the actual real reality price of the bonds i.e the discounted current market value of the actual cash flows that will be recieved in the future on these bonds.

But how do you determine this ....its impossible right?????

This information is simply not known.

Well the market is estimating these cash flows to come up with the current market prices.

But what if there is a better way....an alternative that is closer to the truth....to reality.

I suggest using an estimation of "capacity to pay" as an alternative measure.

Under this scenario as evidenced by the financial control boards usefully provided budget

The bonds are worth 30-40 cents on the dollar.

Considerably less than their current market prices.

Where is the Puerto RIco Bond Short EFT when you need it???

THis is funny. I read about peurto rico bond problems everyday, like with crash in china. I hear those stories for past 5-7 years. amazing. Does anyone of you read more about greece? same thing for me.

Doc,

I see you travel a lot via europe. Whats you favorite spot to work? Where is the best balance between prices and possibilities?

Mallorca, hands down. But it's a huge summer resort. Must leave town in summer. But jobs are mostly limited to tourism, real estate, retail, and boating. There's no money to be made in the off season. 

The Spanish mainland is cheaper, but not as vibrant. I still love Barcelona. I think for a young person it would be the best bet. There's money there. 

Archived