The Greenspan Retirement Rally

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4501_b.gif

http://www.safehaven.com/article-4501.htm

there are very few similarities between now and the turn in early 1900's, where in fact the 'Grand' sequence was far closer to its beginnings than to an end. Of course both views see stocks collapsing relatively soon, but our view leaves open the possibility the current larger degree sequence in US stocks can run much longer than most bears would like to consider.

from rickackerman.com

"It's hard to know just what the bulls are celebrating now. The imminent prospect of crude oil prices hitting new record highs, perhaps? Word that the U.S. economy had grown at the slowest pace in three years? The election of a government dedicated to terror in Gaza? Yet more statistical evidence that the housing bubble is in danger of collapse? Who can know what thoughts are running through their tiny little minds this morning?"

Of course a few of the bulls, like our own Sudsy and Wndy, are just following the tape, regardless of the news.

Ackerman manages to profit with a lot of market neutral strategies no matter what the market does-- put spreads and calls spreads on indexes mostly-- although I don't tend to do them, as they are a bit complex for me, and it involves extra margin to sell options rather than just buying them.

I am going to watch $70-72 which was my target then back down to 62. Wild crude price projection is making me worry. I might convert my account to 100% gold stock

"Even at age 50, Judith Max admits to not saving for retirement. 'How?' said the South Lake Tahoe real estate agent when faced with the question Thursday morning outside Bank of the West. 'I'm overwhelmed by taxes in California. I love California, but there's no industry here, and Tahoe's becoming a rich man's paradise.' She plans to sell her home to cash out and move to some place cheaper 'and warmer.'"

"And apparently she's not alone. Of the Tahoe Daily Tribune's small sampling, only three out of 10 people ages 18 to 50 said they're saving for retirement. And just one said she's saving enough. Cheryl Sillings, a South Shore financial planner said the baby boomers are falling short on saving. 'I'm guessing we're going to see some defaults,' she said."

"Most financial advisers recommend people spend a third of their income on shelter, but many are shelling out over half of what they make. Property values, including those in Tahoe, have skyrocketed. Mary Beth Taylor is struggling, doling out three-fifths of her net income to her mortgage. She's overextended and has dipped into savings set aside for emergencies, not retirement. 'I'm in the negative everywhere I look. I can't afford to save for retirement,' she said."

Teach us how to save

"Even at age 50, Judith Max admits to not saving for retirement. 'How?' said the South Lake Tahoe real estate agent when faced with the question Thursday morning outside Bank of the West. 'I'm overwhelmed by taxes in California. I love California, but there's no industry here, and Tahoe's becoming a rich man's paradise.' She plans to sell her home to cash out and move to some place cheaper 'and warmer.'"

"And apparently she's not alone. Of the Tahoe Daily Tribune's small sampling, only three out of 10 people ages 18 to 50 said they're saving for retirement. And just one said she's saving enough. Cheryl Sillings, a South Shore financial planner said the baby boomers are falling short on saving. 'I'm guessing we're going to see some defaults,' she said."

"Most financial advisers recommend people spend a third of their income on shelter, but many are shelling out over half of what they make. Property values, including those in Tahoe, have skyrocketed. Mary Beth Taylor is struggling, doling out three-fifths of her net income to her mortgage. She's overextended and has dipped into savings set aside for emergencies, not retirement. 'I'm in the negative everywhere I look. I can't afford to save for retirement,' she said."

Teach us how to save

Half of what they "make" eh. Remember that Stated Income Loans make up at least 60-70% of the refinances and purchases going on out there. So if I "make" $100K each year, and tell you that I make $200K to qualify with a back end ratio of 49.9%......well you get the picture :ph34r:

Teach us how to save

She should move to Costa Rica, or even a remote area of Baja Mexico.

Even a measly social security check goes a long way in those places.

Teach us how to save

She should move to Costa Rica, or even a remote area of Baja Mexico.

Even a measly social security check goes a long way in those places.

I thought about doing Costa Rica myself, Mark. But the girlfriend would never move to a place that didn't have a Whole Foods and Bristol Farms fairly close by <_<

Archived