Party Hat Central

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldmember,

nice charts. Yeah it seems that DAX has some more upside, also other TA stuff supports a break of 4000. For example 50% retrace of march 2002 top to march 2003 low is at 3828, but it wasnt a real resistance so far, so it is likely that price wants to see 61.8 retrace now, which is at 4214.

I doubt that post, no one knows what is in your safety deposit box, they are not in the room when you do your thing.

A safety deposit box is a very poor place to keep anything you don't want confiscated, monitored or loss of access to. When FDR banned gold as circulating money, it was permitted that a federal agent was present when you accessed your safety deposit box. How often that actually occurred I'm not sure.

Regarding WaMu. I had a box with them up until about 2 years ago. Previously when I accessed my box they did the standard fill out the little book and of course the ever present cameras record your coming and going. One day I went in to get into the box and I noticed that not only was the teller writing it down in the little book, but she immediately entered it into the computer. In other words in real time my presence was being reported. That was the last straw. Now I have no box anywhere and never will again.

?It's not money. It's debt. What is money anyway??

A very good question.

The dictionary will say something like this.

mon?ey [ m?nnee ] As in, munnee ben a hurtin tuday.

noun

1. somebody?s coins and bills: the amount of coins and bills in somebody?s possession at any one time

2. savings or credit: the amount of money held in a bank account or available on credit to somebody

3. wages or salary: the amount somebody is paid for working

4. convertible assets: assets or property that can be converted into cash

5. national currency: the official currency of a country

6. official medium of exchange: a commodity, usually gold, that is an official medium of exchange and a measure of value

7. unofficial medium of exchange: a medium of exchange that can be used to purchase goods and services

MONEY IS WHAT MONEY DOES-is all ofthe above and more--the plurality of meanings it has is what makes people crazy because in many cases the one word "money" which bears many meanings also gives us the illusion that there is instead, a one to one realation between meaning and word---

and no sooner to we get used to the meaning of one ocntext then another arises and another and another,the swarm creating a feeling of hopless ambiguity--

Ala wittgenstein, imagine the word used in a variety of language games each useful in its own way, and in its own time--its not a single thread, but a group of threads wound aroundeacch other :more like a cable --a cluster of langauage games"--

Once you know the game they are playing (DONT THINK--LOOK!) then things become easier

beardrech :ph34r: :(

believe it or not

Beardrech - how much cash would be reasonable to have stashed?

Also, I'm curious about how many of you have your own proprietary signals which you've coded up yourselves. When I've asked questions about what people are using in the past, I've got no response, which suggests some possible things:

1) The trading system and signals used is highly proprietary, so no information can be shared. If that's the case, I understand not wanting to reveal anything.

2) Standard signals that are provided by most of the brokers/data providers are whats being used.

3) This is really the wrong place to be asking about such things.

tpark

FOR MY OWN persnal comfort i feel a sum of say something between one or two BILLION DOLLARS!

BEARDRECH :o

SERIOUSLY i dont know precisely, but something that will tide you over between the apocalypse and Armeggeddon

Archived